Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,962 Members 50,388 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] gallery does not display all thumbnails

Tip us?

rethan2
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Cool [Q] gallery does not display all thumbnails

Hello all,

Not sure if this happens to you but, when I open my gallery only a few thumbnails are shown, the rest are blank. When I scroll down and up it then starts to display them one by one. So I have to keep scrolling until they all have refreshed.

This is really frustrating does anyone have a fix besides a third party app?

Thanks

jaytee23
Old
(Last edited by jaytee23; 2nd February 2014 at 09:49 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rethan2 View Post
Hello all,

Not sure if this happens to you but, when I open my gallery only a few thumbnails are shown, the rest are blank. When I scroll down and up it then starts to display them one by one. So I have to keep scrolling until they all have refreshed.

This is really frustrating does anyone have a fix besides a third party app?

Thanks
Have you restarted recently? I notice the gallery app tends to check and then build/fix the thumbnail database after a restart.

The condition you describe only happens to me if I copy/move images using a 3rd party file utility like root explorer. The Samsung gallery app isn't smart enough to immediately recognize the change. A restart fixes this. So now I only move images using the gallery app, which works fine and avoids the situation.

This doesn't happen on my LG Optimus G.

rethan2
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaytee23 View Post
Have you restarted recently? I notice the gallery app tends to check and then build/fix the thumbnail database after a restart.

The condition you describe only happens to me if I copy/move images using a 3rd party file utility like root explorer. The Samsung gallery app isn't smart enough to immediately recognize the change. A restart fixes this. So now I only move images using the gallery app, which works fine and avoids the situation.

This doesn't happen on my LG Optimus G.
I see thanks for your reply, restart helped but still an annoying issue.