Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,674 Members 37,974 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] ROMing another OFFICIAL ROM on the Current officail ROM

Tip us?

Sina Irvani
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Cool [Q] ROMing another OFFICIAL ROM on the Current officail ROM

I was wondering if its possible or not!
since my Baseband Version is : I9500XXUAMDK and android 4.3 update hasnt rolled out yet for this baseband version!(when ever i go and hit software update its says ur using the latest Updates!)
and in the adrress samsung-updates' Site i dont even see my version!!!
so i was thinking of putting a new official ROM so that one would get the updates Soone(mabey german version)

Now some numbered questions! So you plz too answer in Numbers! :
1) is this possible or i would brick my phone?
2) which country's baseband is this I9500XXUAMDK?? i read somewhere russia and another way India! so can someone help please! [Where the Hell does my cell belong to!?]
3) could me not geting the update be from the reason that once i had routed my phone with chaifire's autoroot and in status it was showing "custom" so i wasnt EVEN able to software update!(it said the cell has been modified! u cant update") but recently my cell is writing "OFFICIAL" so i can hit the software update button but it says "ur using the latest updates"! ive checked my root access and it says "Congragulations u have root access!" so im having root access while OFFICIAL! so is that possible??? what have i done? and could this be the problem that it doesnt give me updates and says ur using the latest??[BTW my cell is completely rooted! i have Super SU installed too!]

Tnx in advance
regards
sina

Sina Irvani
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sina Irvani View Post
I was wondering if its possible or not!
since my Baseband Version is : I9500XXUAMDK and android 4.3 update hasnt rolled out yet for this baseband version!(when ever i go and hit software update its says ur using the latest Updates!)
and in the adrress samsung-updates' Site i dont even see my version!!!
so i was thinking of putting a new official ROM so that one would get the updates Soone(mabey german version)

Now some numbered questions! So you plz too answer in Numbers! :
1) is this possible or i would brick my phone?
2) which country's baseband is this I9500XXUAMDK?? i read somewhere russia and another way India! so can someone help please! [Where the Hell does my cell belong to!?]
3) could me not geting the update be from the reason that once i had routed my phone with chaifire's autoroot and in status it was showing "custom" so i wasnt EVEN able to software update!(it said the cell has been modified! u cant update") but recently my cell is writing "OFFICIAL" so i can hit the software update button but it says "ur using the latest updates"! ive checked my root access and it says "Congragulations u have root access!" so im having root access while OFFICIAL! so is that possible??? what have i done? and could this be the problem that it doesnt give me updates and says ur using the latest??[BTW my cell is completely rooted! i have Super SU installed too!]

Tnx in advance
regards
sina
BTW 1 more que : 4) Does ROMing wipe all ur apps and things?