Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,052 Members 43,086 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Do these Apps are safe to Use at the same time?

Tip us?

icesilver18
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default [Q] Do these Apps are safe to Use at the same time?

Noob Question,

One Power Guard, Seeder & Greenify, these apps are use to conserve battery juice and boosts the performance of the phone.

Not only that, these apps manipulates kernel, and if used at the same time, maybe the phone's kernel gets confused and gets damage? So is it safe to run them all at once?

PS: my phone is Galaxy Core I8262

and one thing, what other apps out there that can speed up the phone other than these?

Lim Wee Huat
Old
Thanks Meter 259
One is enough... Too many cooks will spoil the soup.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lim Wee Huat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

icesilver18
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lim Wee Huat View Post
One is enough... Too many cooks will spoil the soup.
Thanks +1 given.

What do you prefer on these 3, what is the best? I saw another thread, they use both greenify and seeder. What do you think?

hnkotnis
Old
(Last edited by hnkotnis; 2nd February 2014 at 03:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 434
Location: Sangli, Maharashtra, India, Asia, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Galaxy Group,Universe
Quote:
Originally Posted by icesilver18 View Post
Thanks +1 given.

What do you prefer on these 3, what is the best? I saw another thread, they use both greenify and seeder. What do you think?
I suggest you Greenify and Seeder. On addition for performance, you can tweak mean-free values also.
(Don't set them too high or too low).

I use Seeder and min-free tweak on my GT-S5360 and Greenify, Seeder and Mean-free on other CM9 phone. No problem. But if I use one power guard with them (on CM9 phone of course) then force close and sometimes random reboot.

There are not much REAL speed up apps because you can't get performance to infinity. You have hardware limitation. Most apps are placebo apps. But you can try these apps (one at a time, for goodness sake)
xBooster
Seeder
Game Booster 2
There are few speed tweaks in app "Pimp my ROM" (use this app wisely, it has some dangerous tweaks also, one wrong click will make your phone a pretty paperweight.)

Overclocking is major performance booster, but it really kills CPU slowly. Overclocking is dangerous for CPU

You can use any performance giving governor and I/O scheduler settings.(100% Safe)

Press Thanks if helped.

Sent from my GT-S5360 Gadget of Mass Destruction by xda-app
using CWM........Busybox commands........ No I use my hands
The Following User Says Thank You to hnkotnis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lim Wee Huat
Old
Thanks Meter 259
Greenify + crossbreeder here.