Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,899 Members 49,799 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Display broken... Using as TV media device. How?

Tip us?

Blizzard22
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Default Display broken... Using as TV media device. How?

This is my first thread here because normally I try to answer my questions myself but this question is a bit tricky to answer.
My dad gave me his Galaxy S i9000 because he broke the display and had no intention to keep it anymore.
I've thought about fixing it but to be honest I don't think that the expenses are worth it to repair it.
After reading some threads I've found out that the phone have an av output over the headphone jack.
I've used my cable from one device and later I've bought an other one just for testing and both doesn't give out an video signal.
I've would like to use the phone as a media hub but I can't access the touchscreen.
Do you guy's have any recommendations to approach this problem?
I don't want to throw away it and do something useful with it.
Thanks for any comments on the subject!
I really appreciate any help.
The phone is rooted and I flashed Samsungs stock rom (2.3.6 or something similar).
January 2013:
Note II

Micro SD: 64GB SanDisk
Rom: WanamLite 3.9 (modded Samsung 4.1.2 Rom)
Kernel: Adams Kernel 2.7
Mods:
Simplistic framework 3.6
Xposed Installer (with about 10 modules)

Currently looking help for two bugs (clock frezzes, auto rotation only works properly when auto brightness is on)

pryerlee
Old
Thanks Meter 113
you didn't mention what cable you are using? this cable deffo work's on our i9000, Genuine Nokia N97 N900 X6 CA-75U TV Out Video AV Cable.

Blizzard22
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by pryerlee View Post
you didn't mention what cable you are using? this cable deffo work's on our i9000, Genuine Nokia N97 N900 X6 CA-75U TV Out Video AV Cable.
I've bought a very similar cable (not from Nokia but I looked for i9000 tv out cable in the discription).
January 2013:
Note II

Micro SD: 64GB SanDisk
Rom: WanamLite 3.9 (modded Samsung 4.1.2 Rom)
Kernel: Adams Kernel 2.7
Mods:
Simplistic framework 3.6
Xposed Installer (with about 10 modules)

Currently looking help for two bugs (clock frezzes, auto rotation only works properly when auto brightness is on)