Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] How to root butterfly s in 4.3 sense 5.5?

OP brian88z

28th January 2014, 10:58 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
I have updated my butterfly s in official OTA and i want to root my phone now.
However i cant find any method to root while it is in 4.3

Please help me if anyone know
28th January 2014, 12:19 PM   |  #2  
koniiiik's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bratislava
Thanks Meter: 130
 
257 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2008
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian88z

I have updated my butterfly s in official OTA and i want to root my phone now.
However i cant find any method to root while it is in 4.3

Please help me if anyone know

First, make sure you have a custom recovery installed (TWRP or CWM). Then download the latest supersu flashable ZIP from http://download.chainfire.eu/supersu, put it on your SD card and install via TWRP/CWM. That's it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to koniiiik For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th January 2014, 12:47 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
2 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
Unhappy cant
Quote:
Originally Posted by koniiiik

First, make sure you have a custom recovery installed (TWRP or CWM). Then download the latest supersu flashable ZIP from , put it on your SD card and install via TWRP/CWM. That's it.

However, the cwm recovery can't mount my sdcard and i cant enter the twrp

i dont know the answer and i didnt root or unlock or flash custom recovery in 4.2, is it the cause ?
29th January 2014, 05:42 PM   |  #4  
migascalp's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Créteil
Thanks Meter: 176
 
321 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2006
More
Try this one http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...0&postcount=53
2nd February 2014, 01:07 PM   |  #5  
shtipu1111's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 95
 
552 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
everything went well except root... superuser says The superuser binary (su) must be updated .. please choose an installation method .. and upon pressing recovery install I get this : There was an error installing Superuser. Please send a log of the error to the developer . what should I do .. Please advise ..Thnx
2nd February 2014, 03:52 PM   |  #6  
Account currently disabled
Flag nassau
Thanks Meter: 669
 
3,194 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shtipu1111

everything went well except root... superuser says The superuser binary (su) must be updated .. please choose an installation method .. and upon pressing recovery install I get this : There was an error installing Superuser. Please send a log of the error to the developer . what should I do .. Please advise ..Thnx

Download and flash this in recovery https://www.dropbox.com/s/0a6vqeqbr3...erSU-v1.89.zip

Sent from my HTC Butterfly s using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to daorderdillon For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd February 2014, 04:38 PM   |  #7  
shtipu1111's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 95
 
552 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2012
daorderdillon .. can't thank u enough ... rooted & updated supersu ..had to update the binary on recovery .. Titanium backup runs fine .. thnx again

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.3, root
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes