[Q] Trouble with s-off HBoot 1.55

Tip us?

roffo4One
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Trouble with s-off HBoot 1.55

Whats up guys
I am having one hell of a time trying to get s-off on my sprint htc one m7_wls running 4.3. Hboot 1.55. I've tried revone and no matter what I do the command ./revone -P always fails. Then I tried rumrunner and that got to the point Where it passed the two tests then after fixing some skunky rum when it boots me back into fastboot for the 2nd time i get the error FATAL Download updated version from ww . rumrunner. us The only thing i havent tried yet is charging my phone to 100% and trying rumrunner. it was at about 75% the two times i tried it. SO anyway, if anyone here can help me to get one of these programs to work for me or just point me in the right direction I would very much appreciate that.
Thanks Fellas

BD619
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7059

DONATE TO ME
Check PM

Frequently Asked Questions - HTC One-M7-Sprint(m7wls) | HTC Evo 4G LTE(Jewel) | HTC One-M8-Sprint(m8_whl)
ROM Cleaner | AROMA | Remove Bloatware | Backup Apps | Install Apps/Mods
ROM Cleaner for HTC Evo 4G LTE or ROM Cleaner for HTC One
My DIY guides on how to root your HTC Evo 4G LTE | HTC One(M7)-Sprint | HTC One(M8)-Sprint

Forum Moderator

tdhite
Old
(Last edited by tdhite; 23rd December 2013 at 11:21 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1500

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by roffo4One View Post
Whats up guys
I am having one hell of a time trying to get s-off on my sprint htc one m7_wls running 4.3. Hboot 1.55. I've tried revone and no matter what I do the command ./revone -P always fails. Then I tried rumrunner and that got to the point Where it passed the two tests then after fixing some skunky rum when it boots me back into fastboot for the 2nd time i get the error FATAL Download updated version from ww . rumrunner. us The only thing i havent tried yet is charging my phone to 100% and trying rumrunner. it was at about 75% the two times i tried it. SO anyway, if anyone here can help me to get one of these programs to work for me or just point me in the right direction I would very much appreciate that.
Thanks Fellas
Here's what I did:

1) Loaded the @benny3 stock, odex 4.3 ROM ;

2) Booted that ROM up, (and after my first run of rumrunner failed) updated the superSU binary (open superSU and it'll tell you to update, let your recovery do it);

3) When rebooted, I tested adb to assure it works (you need that for sure);

4) I then ran "adb shell" so I could "su" once -- that let me 'grant' access to su so rumrunner won't need to wait for superSU;

5) Rebooted into bootloader ( fastboot (usb) ) so I could test fastboot working "fastboot devices better return good info";

6) ran fastboot reboot to reboot normally;

7) ran rumrunner -- no issues, just anxious waits through the many minute process and reboots.

Hope that helps -- I run linux, so much easier from a driver perspective, but make sure your HTC drivers work and you DO NOT HAVE HTC SYNC installed. Use just the naked USB drivers.

roffo4One
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdhite View Post
Here's what I did:

2) Booted that ROM up, (and after my first run of rumrunner failed) updated the superSU binary (open superSU and it'll tell you to update, let your recovery do it);

4) I then ran "adb shell" so I could "su" once -- that let me 'grant' access to su so rumrunner won't need to wait for superSU;

5) Rebooted into bootloader ( fastboot (usb) ) so I could test fastboot working "fastboot devices better return good info";

7) ran rumrunner -- no issues, just anxious waits through the many minute process and reboots.

Hope that helps -- I run linux, so much easier from a driver perspective, but make sure your HTC drivers work and you DO NOT HAVE HTC SYNC installed. Use just the naked USB drivers.
I had the drivers installed but since I am s on when I uninstall HTC sync when the phone reboots after the rumrunner tests it's reinstalled. Does thst affect the process at all?

BD619
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 7059

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I had the drivers installed but since I am s on when I uninstall HTC sync when the phone reboots after the rumrunner tests it's reinstalled. Does thst affect the process at all?
I guess I'm not helping you anymore?

Frequently Asked Questions - HTC One-M7-Sprint(m7wls) | HTC Evo 4G LTE(Jewel) | HTC One-M8-Sprint(m8_whl)
ROM Cleaner | AROMA | Remove Bloatware | Backup Apps | Install Apps/Mods
ROM Cleaner for HTC Evo 4G LTE or ROM Cleaner for HTC One
My DIY guides on how to root your HTC Evo 4G LTE | HTC One(M7)-Sprint | HTC One(M8)-Sprint

Forum Moderator
The Following User Says Thank You to BD619 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tdhite
Old
Thanks Meter 1500

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Well -- I'm not sure all that makes sense. But if @bigdaddy619 is helping you, you don't need to look further for help. You're in the exact right hands. I'll follow his lead from here.

xbdarkfox
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Smile Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdhite View Post
Here's what I did:

thank you so much for your help

Docarut
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by xbdarkfox View Post
thank you so much for your help
What version of software were you on when this was successful? I am on 3.05.651.6 and understand it is necessary to downgrade to be able to use rumrunner successfully.
Thanks!

xbdarkfox
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docarut View Post
What version of software were you on when this was successful? I am on 3.05.651.6 and understand it is necessary to downgrade to be able to use rumrunner successfully.
Thanks!
Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls 3.04.651.2 I had flashed an unsupported ROM and used Sprint_HTC_One_m7wls_3_04_651_2_RUU to flash back to stock. Rumrunner takes a few times just be patient