5,596,568 Members 41,068 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SOLVED] [Q] HELP! Phone stuck, no recovery working

Tip us?
 
Pou007a
Old
(Last edited by Pou007a; 2nd February 2014 at 10:28 AM.)
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Default [SOLVED] [Q] HELP! Phone stuck, no recovery working

Hi Everyone / Anyone,

I've got and HTC One X+ (64GB) not AT&T. Since a week my phone was being slow and doing crazy things so I managed to reinstall the mod I had (Android Revolution HD 6.2).

First of all I made a backup of all my datas (including SD card) and then I restarted the phone in recovery mode. From there I made a wipe dalvik cache and format of SD card FROM the CWM recovery ... (an old one, didn't remember witch version). Things got harder from this moment because my SD Card isn't recognize at all since the moment I formated it from the CWM, I can't even mount it from the recovery. So I managed to reinstall a newer version of the CWM to see if it works and ... It failed.

Now I'm stuck on the bootloader, I don't have any rom installed because I formated everything into the recovery, the recovery isn't working (when I choose recovery I see the "HTC" logo and the phone shutdown or stay stuck on it.

It's been 7 hours I'm reading all the forums and threads out there to find a solution but nothing seems to work.

I tried to install the lastest CWM Recovery (recovery-clockwork-5.8.4.0-endeavoru) but it didn't worked, previous version didn't worked neither (6.0.3.2 or 6.0.2.8).

I also tried the TOOL (JBFTOOL21) found on this forum but I got the same issue with recovery : still not working.

So I've got two main issues to manage and that's why I really need your help, first I need to figure out why I can't even access the recovery : if someone can help me get it back it could be great!

Here's the informations about the phone :

*** UNLOCKED ***
ENRC2B_U PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT : 1.30.0000
CPLD : None
MICROP : None
RADIO : None
eMMC-bootmode : disabled
CPU-bootmode : disabled
HW Secure boot : enabled
MODEM PATH : OFF
Oct 17 2012, 22:00:29

Run fastboot getvar all and some info are:

INFOversion: 0.5a
version-bootloader: 1.30.0000
version-baseband: None
version-cpld: None
version-microp: None
version-main: 1.14.401.16
product: enrc2b_u
platform: HBOOT-T30S
modelid: PM3511000
cidnum: HTC__203
battery-status: good
battery-voltage: 3647mV
devpower: 8
partition-layout: None
security: on
build-mode: SHIP
boot-mode: FASTBOOT
commitno-bootloader: None
hbootpreupdate: 2
gencheckpt: 0

I really need your help!
 
droids@m
Old
#2  
droids@m's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 182
Posts: 418
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bangalore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pou007a View Post
Hi Everyone / Anyone,



I tried to install the lastest CWM Recovery (recovery-clockwork-5.8.4.0-endeavoru) but it didn't worked, previous version didn't worked neither (6.0.3.2 or 6.0.2.8).


I really need your help!
endeavoru = HTC One X

ENRC2B = HTC One X+

U were trying to flash the recovery for the HTC One X on HTC One X+....

Try the CWM recovery from this thread

try flashing this recovery from fastboot and erase the cache....

Then get into CWM recovery and "adb push" the ROM to ur SDCARD

For the Tutorial on adb commands refer to this tutorial
Hitting the THANKS can really Help me
The Following User Says Thank You to droids@m For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Pou007a
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Mar 2011
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by droids@m View Post
endeavoru = HTC One X

ENRC2B = HTC One X+

U were trying to flash the recovery for the HTC One X on HTC One X+....

Try the CWM recovery from this thread

try flashing this recovery from fastboot and erase the cache....

Then get into CWM recovery and "adb push" the ROM to ur SDCARD

For the Tutorial on adb commands refer to this tutorial


Thanks a lot, my recovery is now working! But I still have a major problem : my SDCard isn't recognize anymore in the phone since I tried to format it from the CWM Recovery, I can't mount it, I can't format, I can't push anything anymore ... I've been searching again for this but it seems I have no luck.

Into the bootloader when I try to place the HBOOT on it says :

"SD checking...
Failed to open usb master mode
[Preload] Failed to open usb master mode
Loading PM35IMG.zip image...
Failed to open usb master mode
Please plug off usb"

I also get these error into the recovery when trying to mount :

"E:unknown volume for path [/sd-ext]"

But I can access it through the "Install zip" of CWM. It remains impossible anyway to place any ROM onto it, I also tried the "install zip from sideload" but adb doesn't recognize the phone as plugged-in. ADB devices returns an empty list of devices connected ...

Can you help me ... again ?
 
Pou007a
Old
#4  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Mar 2011
YES!!!

Finally it was successfull, my phone is reinstalled and working again using your advices, here's the steps I did to make it work :

I reinstalled the good CWM recovery you gave to me, then I tried to access the SDCARD via the recovery but it didn't worked as well so I tried again with ADB (following the link you gave). In fact I had an old version of ADB that's why my phone wasn't recognized. When I used the lastest version and cheking with "adb devices" my phone appears.

I went to the "Install ZIP" section in CWM, and used the "Sideload", just after I checked again via ADB devices which said my phone was in sideload mode, all I had to do is to "adb sideload rom.zip" and here we go, it was installing!

Thank you a hundred times droids@m! I feel so much better now! It was a real challenge anyway!

Thanks again for you precious help!
 
droids@m
Old
#5  
droids@m's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 182
Posts: 418
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bangalore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pou007a View Post
YES!!!

Finally it was successfull, my phone is reinstalled and working again using your advices, here's the steps I did to make it work :

I reinstalled the good CWM recovery you gave to me, then I tried to access the SDCARD via the recovery but it didn't worked as well so I tried again with ADB (following the link you gave). In fact I had an old version of ADB that's why my phone wasn't recognized. When I used the lastest version and cheking with "adb devices" my phone appears.

I went to the "Install ZIP" section in CWM, and used the "Sideload", just after I checked again via ADB devices which said my phone was in sideload mode, all I had to do is to "adb sideload rom.zip" and here we go, it was installing!

Thank you a hundred times droids@m! I feel so much better now! It was a real challenge anyway!

Thanks again for you precious help!
I m sorry I was AFK till now.....Glad u got sorted by ur owm.....Cool
Hitting the THANKS can really Help me
The Following User Says Thank You to droids@m For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
crasha1
Old
(Last edited by crasha1; 2nd February 2014 at 04:47 PM.) Reason: cant figure out how to reply keep gettign told cant post outside my link
#6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Feb 2014
Default cant find ruu for my model will costom rom get me out of boot loop

ca""
Quote:
Originally Posted by droids@m View Post
endeavoru = HTC One X

ENRC2B = HTC One X+

U were trying to flash the recovery for the HTC One X on HTC One X+....

Try the CWM recovery from this thread

try flashing this recovery from fastboot and erase the cache....

Then get into CWM recovery and "adb push" the ROM to ur SDCARD

For the Tutorial on adb commands refer to this tutorial
""




please!!!1 can someone help me i dont think my problem may be too bad but im very confused by all the slight variations in instructions im seeing.
my hox+ is in a boot loop where it gets to the home sceen i even see notifications coming in then it says process com.android.phone has stopped,
this happened after i foolishly replaced the telephony.db file with one from my hox(not plus) international version.
the phone is rooted but i relocked the bootloader iin preparation to flash ruu but now im realisiing that non of the Ruu's im seeing are for my model.(i have the original telephony.db file)

can install a costom rom from the bootloader screen even though i didnt do a twrp back up( i only downloaded the latest twrp img file usinf rom installer)






hi droids@m i have the path its /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/telephony.db but how do i put the file back on that part from the screen, can you give me step by step direcrtions ive been at this 12hrs straight now just trying to get correct information as there seems to be so many slight variations, it will be greatly appreciated...
 
droids@m
Old
#7  
droids@m's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 182
Posts: 418
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Bangalore
Quote:
Originally Posted by crasha1 View Post
""""




please!!!1 can someone help me i dont think my problem may be too bad but im very confused by all the slight variations in instructions im seeing.
my hox+ is in a boot loop where it gets to the home sceen i even see notifications coming in then it says process com.android.phone has stopped,
this happened after i foolishly replaced the telephony.db file with one from my hox(not plus) international version.
the phone is rooted but i relocked the bootloader iin preparation to flash ruu but now im realisiing that non of the Ruu's im seeing are for my model.(i have the original telephony.db file)

can install a costom rom from the bootloader screen even though i didnt do a twrp back up( i only downloaded the latest twrp img file usinf rom installer)
Do u know the path of the telephony.db file in ur phone........??????

U can put ur phone on recovery mode and connect to PC

Since u have the original telephony.db of ur phone u can try putting that back on that path........and reboot and see whether that works.....

if that doesnot work u can try this RUU
Hitting the THANKS can really Help me

The Following User Says Thank You to droids@m For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes