XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Request to Moderators and Admins

Tip us?

dale_para_bajo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Default Request to Moderators and Admins

I see we have all Galaxy TAB3 mix together. As a Starting area I guess was OK.

But please understand that Galaxy TAB 3 10.1 are an entire Beast base in x86 architecture.. A lot of what is been commented for other models may not apply!!

I am trying to convince you that we 10.1 users need a separate area where we can be allowed to expose our needs. For this obvious reason Most of us find our-self posting inside:

Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 Android Development

I know in many times in clear violations of the rule in:

[WARNING: READ ME 1st] If YOU DID NOT CREATE "it" THEN IT DOESN'T BELONG IN HERE

This 10.1 x86 Devices are new and to little is in fact available. So almost all threads in the development area may violate:

"If your thread can be phrased as a question, it DEFINITELY doesn't belong in Development "

Yes this are in fact questions of people looking for answers really hard to find since it is a new device!

I am a guy who believe in rules and try to obey them. That I know no one yet has received a complaint. But please understand us when we try to maintain our-self in one Clearly Galaxy Tab3 10.1 area. Plus most of us try to ask the few "NEW" developers that may be the only ones having not the right, but maybe close or best answer.

I do not want to change the format of this forum, nor have the right answer to this dilemma. But we need a waiver to the "phrased as a question..., doesn't belong in Development ". Or a Separate Q/A area dedicated for TAB 10.1

In the other hand at this point in our discovery there may be not "The Right Answer" available. So we may offer the best approach. So it will be also weird to have a Q/A where the answers are not the ANSWER but suggestions!

So I hope to see an official view. In any point, please feel free to delete this post if you find it inappropriate. Thanks for your hard work.

I hope you understand my point,
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dale_para_bajo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

fabi280
Old
Thanks Meter 336

DONATE TO ME
All those three tabs are different to each other. The 8 inch variant has another processor as the 7 inch. The 7 inch has a version with another processor too.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk
Current devices
PA nightlies for mako here: [GOO][UL.TO][D-H.ST]
LG Nexus 4: AOSPA 3.60 || faux123 Kernel // Stock Kernel || TWRP // CWM
Retired devices
HTC Sensation: ViperS || Bricked Kernel || 4EXT Recovery
HTC Legend: CM7 || CWM
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fabi280 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dale_para_bajo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabi280 View Post
All those three tabs are different to each other. The 8 inch variant has another processor as the 7 inch. The 7 inch has a version with another processor too.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 4 mit Tapatalk
You are totaly right. I do not want to argue with you. But to convince you guys about our limited situation.

But even thought they have different processors they are in fact ARM devices.

The 10.1 is in fact an x86 processor! This make very difficult for Developers to come up with solutions, for example our TWRP and CWM are very unofficial, rudimentary, untrusted failing in many cases, requiring the User to understand its limitations and use them with special steps to overcome the limitations. All Rom alternatives are just Repack Stock Roms with deleted and added components. CM10 or even AOSP is just a dream at this point. Lets hope it change soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to dale_para_bajo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

stamatis
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 960
Hello.

For your questions post in the "Galaxy Tab 3 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting" section, it is there for all the Galaxy Tab 3 models. You can specify in the title or in the OP what model your thread is about.

mobile_mogul
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I second this as having the x86 arch. is going to hopefully enable us to run other os's on our 10.1's and having separate sub-forums similar to how the HD2 has it will make for more organized development.
HTC | Tmobile HD2
WinMo ROM: .`..- Energy -.. 21916
Android ROM: MDJ FroYo Sense Clean v. 2.4
Radio: 2.15.50.14
SPL: HSPL3_DFT
Black T-Mo USA G1
Unlocked on AT&T
ROM: CM-4.1.999_DRAMAROM
Recovery: Amon Ra's Custom Recovery v1.2.3
Radio: 2.22.19.26I
SPL: 1.33.2005

cybershawngates
Old
Thanks Meter 9
agree. prob not a good idea to lump all the tab 3 together.

The Tab 3 7.0 inch is a real slug - I returned it and got a note 8. But i'll bet the Tab 3 8.0 is probably much smoother as is the 10.1 I would imagine.
What's Shaking - free earthquake app
EasyPulse - free pulse rate calculator
TechTray - news of 50 top tech sites
DocTray - news of 50 top med sites

http://www.kliktray.com