Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,641 Members 44,139 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Is it worth it?

Tip us?

wolfton
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Is it worth it?

I have an Nexus 5. I looked at the specs and it looks like the Nexus 7 2013 isn't more powerful than the Nexus 5.

Any thoughts?

namhuy
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Depends on your need, bigger screen make it easier to read, play game, and movie. I would not enjoy doing those on a small screen

Nam Huy Linux Blog namhuy.net

Ned_Flanders
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Yes. The screen is amazing on this thing, that and it is really fast

weezlerox
Old
Thanks Meter 16
I have a phone with 4.7 inch screen, a Nexus 5 would offer no advantage. I wanted a tablet for the benefits it offers and certainly cannot quibble over the Nexus 7...

_MetalHead_
Old
(Last edited by _MetalHead_; 2nd February 2014 at 05:58 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2,064
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfton View Post
I have an Nexus 5. I looked at the specs and it looks like the Nexus 7 2013 isn't more powerful than the Nexus 5.

Any thoughts?
The Nexus 7 is plenty powerful. It's an awesome little tablet. I have 3 other tablets (iPad Mini retina, Dell Venue 8 Pro, Surface Pro) and the Nexus 7 gets the most use out of the bunch. I have the Moto X and Nexus 5 and if owning those two phones taught me anything it's that specs don't matter nearly as much as they used to- my Moto X is every bit as fast and smooth as the N5 and it's a dual core krait 300 vs. the quad krait 400 in the N5. The only time you can tell the N5 is faster is in a side by side, and even then it's negligible.
\m/(-_-)\m/
Tags
compare, comparrison, nexus 5, nexus 7, purchase