Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,782 Members 45,284 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] KFHD 7 New motherboard NOW WHAT??

Tip us?

Shaggie821
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] KFHD 7 New motherboard NOW WHAT??

Hello XDA Gurus,

I received a new motherboard for my friend's KFHD 7 and put it inside and KFHD booted up fine. A couple hours later I brought it home to Android it and the screen keeps flashing white plus multiple other colors across the screen when I boot it up now??? Please help I do not know what to replace at this time but am willing to fix it. Is it the digitizer?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	VID_20140131_225739.gif
Views:	2365
Size:	7.71 MB
ID:	2552125  

stunts513
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 603

DONATE TO ME
If it does it before the os loads up ( like as soon as you power it on) I would think to check the connection to the digitized/screen, I'm assuming some sorta microfiber cable like that one I tore through with a screwdriver in a old Motorola phone(was not on purpose xD). If it does it after the initial boot loader logo I'd say something really went wrong with the flash.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app
My Wallpaper Fix for KF2, KFHD 7", and KFHD 8.9" is HERE
Please Read the instructions and use the debugger if you run into errors.
My own modified adb drivers for just about all kindles (includes old twrp and cm versions) HERE
Tablet UI Patch for latest CM10.1 build HERE!

Please send complaints to /dev/null

Shaggie821
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunts513 View Post
If it does it before the os loads up ( like as soon as you power it on) I would think to check the connection to the digitized/screen, I'm assuming some sorta microfiber cable like that one I tore through with a screwdriver in a old Motorola phone(was not on purpose xD). If it does it after the initial boot loader logo I'd say something really went wrong with the flash.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD running CM10.1 Tablet UI using xda-developers app
Since I posted I have taken the NEW Motherboard out and swapped with one running CM11 and it booted up just fine. No flickering or anything like that. So i would assume it is something wrong with the motherboard itself at this time? Am I wrong? Boots up a displays just fine with other motherboard inside. I kinda hope its the board because they are easier to replace than glass and digitizer. Again any thoughts or help would be appreciated.