Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Tethering

OP evo-t

2nd February 2014, 07:30 PM   |  #11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Greeley
Thanks Meter: 24

125 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruise350

Well, you got caught! You were shoplifting from Sprint and they caught you. Either stop stealing or get cut off. It amazes me sometimes that people are surprised when they get caught. 8GB+ a month on 3G, its obvious that you are tethering. Do I tether, hell yes! But if Sprint caught me, I would stop tethering or pay for the service. With their new lifetime data plans they include 5gb of tethering in one of their plans for cheaper than any other provider. They caught you because of the desktop Netflix sever you were connected to opposed to the mobile Netflix server.

It's kind of funny how xda comes down hard on people that post links to warez or movie/music bootleg sites but they turn a blind eye to stealing from Sprint with hacked tethering. Anyway, good luck with Sprint and keeping your account.

Thanks, although I am pretty aware I was caught. I have used mass amounts of data before without tethering. Keeping Sprint won't be a problem as I haven't been tethering. I am not surprised at getting caught, it isn't like I'm crying about the audacity of this company telling me how I can/can't use my unlimited data. I was only asking if anyone knew if a 3rd party app shows the usage as data or tethering still. I will look into this plan you mentioned though.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread