Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,151 Members 51,165 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] HTC Desire sceen busted :(

Tip us?

SamzWorldOfMusic
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy [Q] HTC Desire sceen busted :(

So 2 days ago i got a htc desire to play around with. today it falls screen first from my hand onto some stones, pick it up and the digitalizer is destroyed. Luckily the screen is perfectly fine. Do you think its worth replacing and how much would it cost. Screenshots are attached. Thanks...Sam
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Optimized-IMG_20140128_212541.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	2545278   Click image for larger version

Name:	Optimized-IMG_20140128_212627.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	2545279  

jmcclue
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1307
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamzWorldOfMusic View Post
So 2 days ago i got a htc desire to play around with. today it falls screen first from my hand onto some stones, pick it up and the digitalizer is destroyed. Luckily the screen is perfectly fine. Do you think its worth replacing and how much would it cost. Screenshots are attached. Thanks...Sam
Why not? u can get a digitizer off ebay for not even a tener

SamzWorldOfMusic
Old
(Last edited by SamzWorldOfMusic; 28th January 2014 at 10:07 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcclue View Post
Why not? u can get a digitizer off ebay for not even a tener
Was just looking on ebay and i found this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-HT...item1e8543a2e4 Should be easy to do myself as it looks like it replaces the front of the phone. Will order this next week and see if i can save this phone

edit: im ordering it now. il post the results when it arrives and i repair it

jmcclue
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1307
Quote:
Was just looking on ebay and i found this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-HT...item1e8543a2e4 Should be easy to do myself as it looks like it replaces the front of the phone. Will order this next week and see if i can save this phone
yep thats perfect, nice and easy to change aswell coz ul have the whole front housing. just be carefull when u take out the lcd coz it takes a wee bit of force to pop out, but the whole job is fairly simple, just take ur time.

SamzWorldOfMusic
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
yep thats perfect, nice and easy to change aswell coz ul have the whole front housing. just be carefull when u take out the lcd coz it takes a wee bit of force to pop out, but the whole job is fairly simple, just take ur time.
ok will do, il tell you what the reuslts are after repair. thanks

SamzWorldOfMusic
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
well i managed to replace the digitiser with a new one. but the top half of the touch wouldent work, then the next morning theres a crack in the NEW digitiser. im sorry to say im giving up on this phone. but it was worth a try.

jmcclue
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1307
Quote:
well i managed to replace the digitiser with a new one. but the top half of the touch wouldent work, then the next morning theres a crack in the NEW digitiser. im sorry to say im giving up on this phone. but it was worth a try.
Gutted. Was the new digitizer cracked when it arrived? Id send it back to the seller n just say it has a crack on it

SamzWorldOfMusic
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Gutted. Was the new digitizer cracked when it arrived? Id send it back to the seller n just say it has a crack on it
it wasnt cracked when it arrived but a day after installing it it developed a crack going across the screen