Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,106 Members 41,363 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Google Play Store

Tip us?

osheaj
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Google Play Store

I have a bit of a strange issue! I am using the preinstalled OS 4.1.2 and when i got it, everything worked fine. I bought this in the UK before christmas and i live in ireland. I was asked to do an update, which i went through - at one point, it stated that it was not completed sucessfully (can't remember the message exactly) but when i left it work away, it completed and restarted as normal. Since this point, i cannot use Google Play Store. I get error 406 whenever i try to install anything new or do an update of any application. I have ruled out an issue with the gmail account as it works on other android devices. I even setup a new one to see if this was the issue but it made no difference.I cleared the cache on the tablet - no difference. I did a reset of the tablet through the Settings - no difference. I booted to the boot menu and did a factory reset - no difference. I tried downloading apk files using the web browser and although i can browse the internet, when the file downloads - i get "cannot open file" I have checked and checked the box for Unknown Sources in Security - no difference. One thing i have noticed is that if i look at the Google Play application, it states 0.00KB for its size which is obviously not right but i can do nothing with it.No option to clear cache on Google Play. I tried alternatives to Google Play but again, i cannot open the files. I have now tried rooting the tablet which has worked but i have the same issue. Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Ripshock
Old
Thanks Meter 221
Try wipping dalvik cache and cache

Sent from my SM-T210(R)ocketTab 3.1 $upR_f@$T
Don`t be Naughty and Follow the rules
Thanks

osheaj
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripshock View Post
Try wipping dalvik cache and cache

Tried that and it made no difference at all

Ripshock
Old
Thanks Meter 221
Try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2273994

Thanks

osheaj
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripshock View Post
Try this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2273994

Thanks for the suggestion. The problem is that i can't download anything from the Play Store and if i download the apk using the browser, when it try to open it, it says "cannot open file"

Ripshock
Old
Thanks Meter 221
Go my files then sd card then download and open it from there

Thanks