5,600,571 Members 32,872 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[TUT] Manually adding lyrics on Sense 5 Music Player

Tip us?

mefistoreyon
Old
(Last edited by mefistoreyon; 14th December 2013 at 10:59 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 62
Default [TUT] Manually adding lyrics on Sense 5 Music Player

Hi,
this tutorial quoted from HTC one x thread ( baha76_s I quoted the thread from him and here original thread from mr1029x here).
Somehow HTC (or GraceNote music database?!) didn't allowed to download the lyrics for some countries (geographic limitation!! may be),
so for those how didn't work the lyrics in the sense 5 stock music player, they have 2 solution:
1. MANUEL: this method quoted from HTC one x thread (all thanks to mr1029x) and i tested with success:

Quote:
Quote:
First, go on the internet and search for the song's lyrics. Remember, if you want it to works properly, you need to find two types of lyrics: the normal text one, and synchronized one which is found in .lrc file types.
The first normal text ones are easy to find through famous sites such as metrolyrics or azlyrics,etc..
The .lrc files are a bit harder looking up and not always available on the internet. You could learn how to make one yourself right here
Personally, I used app from playstore called "KiePlayer" which download and generate a *.lrc file(synchronized lyric file) for your musics.(I think TTpod do the same work)

Quote:
Second, create a notepad and paste the normal lyrics that you found to there, save the file without any extension, name it Songfilename_lyric.
In the same way, copy the content of the synchronized lyrics to notepad, save the file without any extension, name it Songfilename_lrc (LRC not IRC)

For example, If your song file name is ABC.mp3, name the files ABC_lyric and ABC_lrc

Third, plug the phone into your computer, copy two files that you've created to
Computer\HTC One X\Internal storage\Android\data\com.htc.musicenhancer\files\. albumarts\storage_external\Music

Remember, look for a file name Songfilename_not_available in that directory, if it exists, delete it

Enjoy

Note:
The _lrc file is required for the lyrics to pop up while you're playing music, if you don't want it, then you don't have to create
Try to google search "filetype:lrc Song Name" if you don't find any synchronized lyrics with normal searching

If you have any questions, leave a comment
I will try to add Screenshots as soon as possible

2. AUTOMATIC: download any VPN changer app from playstore (i tested the "TunnelBear" app with success), then change the VPN to US or UK then go to your music player and activate the automatic lyrics download and that's it, you will see all your lyrics of your musics (if they already found in the "GraceNote music database") displayed in your music player, then you can dis-activate your VPN app (this method need to be activated ONLY ONE TIME).

sandsrules
Quote:
By the way, if you guys want lrc files, I'd suggest a program called minilyrics. It works with iTunes and downloads user-created lrc files that you can edit yourself. It's free too, and it's the way I get lrc files.
Make a box here! ;] --->http://db.tt/jB8nOpUT
[Sorry for my bad English!!!]
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mefistoreyon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

-Already Exist-
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mefistoreyon View Post
Hi,
this tutorial quoted from HTC one x thread ( baha76_s I quoted the thread from him and here original thread from mr1029x here).
Somehow HTC (or GraceNote music database?!) didn't allowed to download the lyrics for some countries (geographic limitation!! may be),
so for those how didn't work the lyrics in the sense 5 stock music player, they have 2 solution:
1. MANUEL: this method quoted from HTC one x thread (all thanks to mr1029x) and i tested with success:

Quote:

Personally, I used app from playstore called "KiePlayer" which download and generate a *.lrc file(synchronized lyric file) for your musics.(I think TTpod do the same work)

2. AUTOMATIC: download any VPN changer app from playstore (i tested the "TunnelBear" app with success), then change the VPN to US or UK then go to your music player and activate the automatic lyrics download and that's it, you will see all your lyrics of your musics (if they already found in the "GraceNote music database") displayed in your music player, then you can dis-activate your VPN app (this method need to be activated ONLY ONE TIME).

sandsrules

I tried your second method and for some songs it works normally, but for some it's like on picture.
Can I change this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	2552955  

mefistoreyon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 62
Its like this cuz there is no lyric with timing and you have to do that by yourself.In the first is explained how but i never try it.You can download synchronized lyric with ttpod and KiePlayer.Then try the first quote

Quote:
First, go on the internet and search for the song's lyrics. Remember, if you want it to works properly, you need to find two types of lyrics: the normal text one, and synchronized one which is found in .lrc file types.
The first normal text ones are easy to find through famous sites such as metrolyrics or azlyrics,etc..
The .lrc files are a bit harder looking up and not always available on the internet. You could learn how to make one yourself right here

samarth sathe
Old
Thanks Meter 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by mefistoreyon View Post
Hi,

Quote:

sandsrules

Mate thanx a ton.. i needed it because lyrics never cameuo in stock player so i had to use other app. Now its working.

Sent from my HTC Desire X using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
|Samarth Sathe @ XDA|

Device- HTC Desire X
Rom-mySenseDX_RC4.0
Kernal-Stock

Logic Will Get You From "A" To "Z";Imagination Will Get You Everywhere.
The Following User Says Thank You to samarth sathe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mefistoreyon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 62
Yeah...The same is on me.And I really like music chanel on Sense 5 player
Tags
lyrics, mudic player, sense 5