Post Reply

[Q] How to mute ringing in incoming calls

29th January 2014, 09:30 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
119 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
How to mute the ring while a call is coming without rejecting it ?

I have a rooted M ss stock rom.
29th January 2014, 09:45 AM   |  #2  
dunc4n88's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 218
 
593 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Press the volume button sure I've done it like that or turn phone to silent

Sent from my C1905 using xda premium
29th January 2014, 11:10 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
119 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Thanks for your prompt reply. Unfortunately none of the physical buttons mute the ring for me, including the volume balance button. I suspect this is for a module in Exposed framework focused to buttons management; I uninstalled it but I guess it messed up the android script.

Any suggestion about how to solve my issue ?
29th January 2014, 12:24 PM   |  #4  
stamatis's Avatar
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag stamatis∈A, A=∅
Thanks Meter: 1,097
 
2,914 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Pressing the volume button should work. If you think that there is something wrong after modifications that you have done to your phone you can always flash stock and see if it works again.
30th January 2014, 05:15 PM   |  #5  
Member
Flag Telangana
Thanks Meter: 48
 
98 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by the gladiator

Thanks for your prompt reply. Unfortunately none of the physical buttons mute the ring for me, including the volume balance button. I suspect this is for a module in Exposed framework focused to buttons management; I uninstalled it but I guess it messed up the android script.

Any suggestion about how to solve my issue ?

If u use Xposed Modules, use GravityBox which has a option when enabled mutes ringer volume just by flipping the phone (screen facing down)....
2nd February 2014, 07:43 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
119 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamatis

Pressing the volume button should work. If you think that there is something wrong after modifications that you have done to your phone you can always flash stock and see if it works again.

Yes, this would solve my problem for sure but I keep this as the last chance: I would avoid to root again, doing again all the customizations, etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram66778

If u use Xposed Modules, use GravityBox which has a option when enabled mutes ringer volume just by flipping the phone (screen facing down)....

Nice idea but it's a feature that would increase the battery consumption.


Anyone knows how android mutes the ring in an incoming call ? Which are the names of the files storing the relevant parameters?
Last edited by the gladiator; 2nd February 2014 at 11:01 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Xperia M Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank