[Q] How to mute ringing in incoming calls

Search This thread

dunc4n88

Nov 16, 2011
Press the volume button sure I've done it like that or turn phone to silent

Sent from my C1905 using xda premium

the gladiator

Dec 16, 2010
Thanks for your prompt reply. Unfortunately none of the physical buttons mute the ring for me, including the volume balance button. I suspect this is for a module in Exposed framework focused to buttons management; I uninstalled it but I guess it messed up the android script.

Any suggestion about how to solve my issue ?

stamatis

Retired Forum Moderator
Feb 5, 2012
stamatis∈A, A=∅
Pressing the volume button should work. If you think that there is something wrong after modifications that you have done to your phone you can always flash stock and see if it works again.

vikram66778

Mar 20, 2013
Hyderabad
Thanks for your prompt reply. Unfortunately none of the physical buttons mute the ring for me, including the volume balance button. I suspect this is for a module in Exposed framework focused to buttons management; I uninstalled it but I guess it messed up the android script.

Any suggestion about how to solve my issue ?

If u use Xposed Modules, use GravityBox which has a option when enabled mutes ringer volume just by flipping the phone (screen facing down)....

the gladiator

Dec 16, 2010
Pressing the volume button should work. If you think that there is something wrong after modifications that you have done to your phone you can always flash stock and see if it works again.
Yes, this would solve my problem for sure but I keep this as the last chance: I would avoid to root again, doing again all the customizations, etc

If u use Xposed Modules, use GravityBox which has a option when enabled mutes ringer volume just by flipping the phone (screen facing down)....
Nice idea but it's a feature that would increase the battery consumption.

Anyone knows how android mutes the ring in an incoming call ? Which are the names of the files storing the relevant parameters?

Last edited: