[Q] Downgrading Issues

2nd February 2014, 05:54 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Langley, BC
Thanks Meter: 0

16 posts
Donate to Me
More
I've got the Rogers/Fido SGH-i317M Note 2...

I made that damn dumb mistake of upgrading to Android 4.3 with Knox and to be quite honest, It sucks. My battery drains fast, 75% of the time phone calls don't register and the screen is totally unresponsive. All around, It's just a crappy update.

If I would have known, I would have never upgraded at all. I've been reading that after Knox it can't be downgraded... Has anyone figured out how to get Knox out and downgrade to 4.1.2? I'm extremely interested in getting this fixed as my phone doesn't last. I'm ready to get rid of it...
2nd February 2014, 08:01 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Haddonfield, IL
Thanks Meter: 3,262

1,260 posts
Donate to Me
You can downgrade to 4.1.1 or 4.1.2 ... There a a couple guides for this. One by perez6991 in general and one by dicksteele in q&a. You'll need to substitute equivalent Rogers 4.1.1 stock firmware for the att firmware specified in those threads. Either will likely trip the Knox flag if that matters to you.

I put together a Rogers ma3 4.1.2 odin package without bootloader if you want to use that rather than go back to 4.1.1 (you can't use a stock package that contains a sboot.bin - Odin will fail and you will be left at the download mode triangle prompt). Here's the file link:

http://d-h.st/KDX

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zen Arcade For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, downgrade, i317m, knox
Previous Thread Next Thread