OP copper7op

2nd February 2014, 07:22 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Edmonton
Thanks Meter: 1

26 posts
More
Morning all,

I've installed the mexican 4.4.2 Official Kitkat build version on my Note 3 n900w8. After the install (it went flawless) I noticed I've now got a mexican boot screen (no biggie) but I'm now getting a network lock on my sim card, like the lock settings are tied to the firmware and not the modem??

I may just restore back to 4.3 from the Rogers build (I like official builds) but I'm looking for ideas on WHY this happened, also ways to avoid it.I'd love to run 4.4.2 properly without needing a SIM Unlock.

Having said that, are their any non-code unlocks for this? Or is it all code-based unlocking on this model??

Thanks All.
2nd February 2014, 09:17 PM   |  #2  
Flag York
Thanks Meter: 1,511

3,701 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by copper7op

Morning all,

I've installed the mexican 4.4.2 Official Kitkat build version on my Note 3 n900w8. After the install (it went flawless) I noticed I've now got a mexican boot screen (no biggie) but I'm now getting a network lock on my sim card, like the lock settings are tied to the firmware and not the modem??

I may just restore back to 4.3 from the Rogers build (I like official builds) but I'm looking for ideas on WHY this happened, also ways to avoid it.I'd love to run 4.4.2 properly without needing a SIM Unlock.

Having said that, are their any non-code unlocks for this? Or is it all code-based unlocking on this model??

Thanks All.

If you check out polish_pat's thread, it'll guide you through the flash process. What I think you have done is substituted the Mexican CSC in place of your own and locked it (I could be wrong) . --- you need to use the Rogers one, check his thread out it has the links etc in it also
The Following User Says Thank You to radicalisto For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd February 2014, 10:15 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Edmonton
Thanks Meter: 1

26 posts
More
Thanks a bunch! this worked perfect. I swear I searched the forum before I posted, and didn't see Polish_Pat's thread
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread