XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LCD display

Tip us?

fuzzylax
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Default LCD display

So,I dropped my phone and it happen to crack the LCD display. so I went to Verizon to get new phone through insurance and it turns out the jack a@@ at the store never put insurance on neither my son phone or mine. I've been looking online for the LCD display and it seems like the only ones I can find Have a digitser with them so I'm kinda assuming you just can't replace screen.if anyone knows of place to just get the LCD display that would be great otherwise I'm going to just sell it cheap. the boot loader is unlocked and you don't have to use safe strap

ky5ever
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzylax View Post
So,I dropped my phone and it happen to crack the LCD display. so I went to Verizon to get new phone through insurance and it turns out the jack a@@ at the store never put insurance on neither my son phone or mine. I've been looking online for the LCD display and it seems like the only ones I can find Have a digitser with them so I'm kinda assuming you just can't replace screen.if anyone knows of place to just get the LCD display that would be great otherwise I'm going to just sell it cheap. the boot loader is unlocked and you don't have to use safe strap
I dont have insurance on mine or my sister's S4, on Verizon. When she dropped hers and the screen cracked, it slowly "dissolved" until the screen was unusable. When she called Samsung, they said they still have a limited one year warranty, but it costed her $200 to replace the screen because it was her fault, not something the phone would do like not get signal or something. If you dont want to spend that much money, your best bet would be to sell it and purchase another out of contract if you can.

fuzzylax
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
I have the galaxy nexus and getting HTC one.I just can't see spending another couple hundred to get it fixed. So guess I will just sell it..cheap real cheap