Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,164 Members 49,958 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Returning to pretty much stock for the international version

Tip us?

DANIELWHITT
Old
(Last edited by DANIELWHITT; 2nd February 2014 at 10:30 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Default Returning to pretty much stock for the international version

Just a little guide on how to return your device to pretty much 100% stock from unlocked bootloader, s-off, custom recovery and supersu

this is only for the international version as we dont have an ruu so this is the best we can do with what we have.

The only thing you need is your standard recovery for the international vaiant.

Please note this is how i got my device back to 100% stock and i will take no repsonsibility if you cock your phone up, this is just how i did it.

Step 1

Reboot into bootloader and then into fastboot

Step 2

flash back the standard recovery

fastboot flash recovery (insert recovery name).img

Step 3

relock your bootloader

to LOCK your bootloader,enter the following:

adb devices

adb shell

su (if needed to get a # prompt)

echo -ne '\x00\x00\x00\x00' | dd of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p3 bs=1 seek=33796
(i would very strongly recomend you copy/paste this)

exit
(exit a second time if you need to to get back to a normal > prompt)

adb reboot bootloader

verify you are now locked

special thanks to scotty1223 for this little gem

Step 4

Reboot into android and unroot yourself via whichever app you use,

Step 5

reboot back into bootloader and then fastboot

at this point you should have a locked bootloader with no flags, a stock recovery and no root, just s-off.

to remove s off you now need the following command

fastboot oem writesecureflag 3

the reboot the bootloader to conform the phone is now finally s-on

Hope this helps.

Please don't shoot me down in flames, thought this may come in useful for someone.
The Following User Says Thank You to DANIELWHITT For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

andrdnl
Old
Thanks Meter 31
The outcome of this will be a stock looking bootloader and a stock recovery. But the ROM will still be a custom one.
If we would have access to a RUU or a some image.zip then it will be ok.

Even if so, i would recommend going S-ON after applying the RUU, if you really want this although i don't recommend it.

Short story - i've S-OFFed my One and send it to warranty, the phone returned and i couldn't use the exploit anymore.

DANIELWHITT
Old
(Last edited by DANIELWHITT; 2nd February 2014 at 10:16 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrdnl View Post
The outcome of this will be a stock looking bootloader and a stock recovery. But the ROM will still be a custom one.
If we would have access to a RUU or a some image.zip then it will be ok.

Even if so, i would recommend going S-ON after applying the RUU, if you really want this although i don't recommend it.

Short story - i've S-OFFed my One and send it to warranty, the phone returned and i couldn't use the exploit anymore.
We don't have the ruu so this is the best we can do, as for the s off exploit, what method did you use?????

DANIELWHITT
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Regardless of wether you use an ruu or not, the s on would still be the last step. Like I said, this is how I went back to stock setup without an ruu.

Jiggity Janx
Old
Thanks Meter 332
As the other person noted this does not return someone to "100% stock". Step two has one too many b's in fastboot. Also Verizon and Sprint do have ruus for use.
2 Verizon G3 io-rooted stock 2 Verizon One MAX rumrunner.us s-off Note 8.0 & 3 2 OG Nexus 7 w/ CM11

DANIELWHITT
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggity Janx View Post
As the other person noted this does not return someone to "100% stock". Step two has one too many b's in fastboot. Also Verizon and Sprint do have ruus for use.
Like i said, ive only done this as it may help others like me with warranty repairs. Ive changed a few things now so hopefully this is ok now.
The Following User Says Thank You to DANIELWHITT For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]