I am not a developer, I am a filmmaker. I do however, have spoke to a developer interested in helping me solve my problem by creating a app from the ground up that is design exactly how I want it to be with the functionality that it needs. Before embarking on this task I would like to get some feedback from other video professionals and app developers alike on things ranging from currently available apps, things that are wrong with currently available apps & features that would be included in The Perfect Teleprompter App.
I expect that there will be a lot of responses that say there are options currently available and that the need for yet another teleprompter app does not exist. That being said, unless I find an app that has an interface that I like, the functionality that I need and the peripherals to make it even better, I will probably continue to pursue this project. THE PURPOSE OF THIS THREAD is to allow other filmmakers to provide their input and thoughts about what the perfect teleprompter app would be.
Features I currently have in mind (This list will change as I receive feedback. ):
- Clean, Usable Interface
- Dropbox and Google Drive Access
- In App Editing
- Speed Control during prompting
- Text Size Options
- Light & Dark themes
- Movable Location Arrow (An arrow on the side of the screen that allows you to move it vertically to show the target location of the line being read.)
- Bluetooth connection so your phone could be used as a remote.
- Wired remote option
- Mirror Mode
- Scroll to any part of the script and start it rolling from that location
- Free, fully functional version (No Ads)
- Custom app branding (change splash screen to display your companies logo)
I want this thread to be a way for all of us to collaborate and make an app that we all enjoy using. It is a big project for me to take on and because of that, I feel it would be silly to keep it all to myself. Please post any suggestions, questions, idea or concerns. My goal for this project is to finally provide a teleprompter that does exactly what we need it to do as a producers. Thank you for the help and feedback and hopefully together we can get this app launched for everyone to use.
Thank you so much,