Setup Wizard Always Crashing

20th January 2014, 02:53 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Manila
Thanks Meter: 17

110 posts
More
So I installed a rom and gapps and when I boot it up it says "Unfortunately, Google Text-To-Speech has stopped" and I press ok. Then I go set up my language and when I press ok "Unfortunately, Setup Wizard has stopped" shows up leaving me with a blank and black screen. So I tried using several gapps packages like PA GApps, YourZGapps and the standard Gapps and I still see no success. Any help would be appreciated and if you are going to suggest a Gapps package, please include a link. Thanks
20th January 2014, 05:41 AM   |  #2  
Flag Subang Jaya
Thanks Meter: 889

1,797 posts
More
There's a trick for that. Before the error, press the volume button on your tab, then tap the left button to go to settings. Then connect your WiFi there and go back. The setup wizard shouldn't crash after that.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk
2nd February 2014, 11:41 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 6

32 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eushaun99

There's a trick for that. Before the error, press the volume button on your tab, then tap the left button to go to settings. Then connect your WiFi there and go back. The setup wizard shouldn't crash after that.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk

That works if you are in a CM based ROM.

For others, the thing to do is to first boot into the custom ROM (without flashing GAPPS), configure WiFi, reboot to recovery, flash gapps, reboot again.

If OP is still looking for an answer, hope he sees this

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread