XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Setup Wizard Always Crashing

Tip us?

SystemDoctor
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default Setup Wizard Always Crashing

So I installed a rom and gapps and when I boot it up it says "Unfortunately, Google Text-To-Speech has stopped" and I press ok. Then I go set up my language and when I press ok "Unfortunately, Setup Wizard has stopped" shows up leaving me with a blank and black screen. So I tried using several gapps packages like PA GApps, YourZGapps and the standard Gapps and I still see no success. Any help would be appreciated and if you are going to suggest a Gapps package, please include a link. Thanks
Please click on that egg, Just wait for the page to load then you can quit

eushaun99
Old
Thanks Meter 802
There's a trick for that. Before the error, press the volume button on your tab, then tap the left button to go to settings. Then connect your WiFi there and go back. The setup wizard shouldn't crash after that.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk

baystallion
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by eushaun99 View Post
There's a trick for that. Before the error, press the volume button on your tab, then tap the left button to go to settings. Then connect your WiFi there and go back. The setup wizard shouldn't crash after that.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk
That works if you are in a CM based ROM.

For others, the thing to do is to first boot into the custom ROM (without flashing GAPPS), configure WiFi, reboot to recovery, flash gapps, reboot again.

If OP is still looking for an answer, hope he sees this

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk