Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,619 Members 46,360 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Made the move from a Nexus 4!

Tip us?

JJS123
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Thumbs up Made the move from a Nexus 4!

First of all nothing against the Nexus 4 but it just wasn't the phone for me. I dropped it quite often and destroyed the brittle glass back on it. The bottom plug to charge got rocked as well so I've switched to this rock solid phone

Just picked it up a few hours ago and I've unlocked the bootloader, rooted, and installed S-OFF.

Now comes the ROM finding. Does anyone have any recommendations for a ROM with a lot of customization and good battery life? I'm looking at Viper or Maximus right now. I'm open to suggestions.

I haven't tried it yet but does TItanium Backup work well on the One? I'm about to try and restore my apps.

Thanks for any tips/help. So far everything has gone smoothly.

LibertyMarine
Old
Thanks Meter 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS123 View Post
First of all nothing against the Nexus 4 but it just wasn't the phone for me. I dropped it quite often and destroyed the brittle glass back on it. The bottom plug to charge got rocked as well so I've switched to this rock solid phone

Just picked it up a few hours ago and I've unlocked the bootloader, rooted, and installed S-OFF.

Now comes the ROM finding. Does anyone have any recommendations for a ROM with a lot of customization and good battery life? I'm looking at Viper or Maximus right now. I'm open to suggestions.

I haven't tried it yet but does TItanium Backup work well on the One? I'm about to try and restore my apps.

Thanks for any tips/help. So far everything has gone smoothly.
Nice to meet you mate !

Titanium backup works well!

Strike your question about custom ROMs... noone likes to see that.. and also judgements about phones are nod allowed.. just remove that or you'll likely get a locked thread...
I use Google Play Edition
Feel free to hit the thanks button if I helped
Remember - Quote or mention me if you expect an answer!
[GUIDE][FIX] Solve Bootloops and no OS on phone!

Proud owner of a 315p Explorer

JJS123
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyMarine View Post
Nice to meet you mate !

Titanium backup works well!

Strike your question about custom ROMs... noone likes to see that.. and also judgements about phones are nod allowed.. just remove that or you'll likely get a locked thread...
I use Google Play Edition
Great thank you!! I'll take a look at that one. I'd like one if these Google editions with customization.

LibertyMarine
Old
Thanks Meter 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS123 View Post
Great thank you!! I'll take a look at that one. I'd like one if these Google editions with customization.
customizations... I think Xposed with GravityBox is something for you... ! I am addicted to those tools!
Feel free to hit the thanks button if I helped
Remember - Quote or mention me if you expect an answer!
[GUIDE][FIX] Solve Bootloops and no OS on phone!

Proud owner of a 315p Explorer