5,597,397 Members 30,810 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

wifi not working after updating rom

Tip us?
 
Surge1223
Old
#11  
Surge1223's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2126
Posts: 1,332
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Iowa

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbman1953 View Post
Copied from the stock folder to ext sd card then switched to hyperdrive rom and pasted in the folder you wrote
If you just copied and pasted the permissions on the modules would have been rw-rw-rw-. The permissions on the modules need to be 0644. Copy and pasting them dooesnt change their permissions. You need to make sure the contents of the modules folder are owned by root (0) and have permissions set to rw-r--r--(0644).

Copy and paste the modules into /system/lib/modules as you did before then copy and paste the following into terminal line by line and dont modify the commands in any way:

Code:
su
mount -o remount,rw /system
cd /system/lib/modules
chmod 0644 *.ko
reboot
then hit enter to reboot.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
pbman1953
Old
#12  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 239
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge1223 View Post
If you just copied and pasted the permissions on the modules would have been rw-rw-rw-. The permissions on the modules need to be 0644. Copy and pasting them dooesnt change their permissions. You need to make sure the contents of the modules folder are owned by root (0) and have permissions set to rw-r--r--(0644).

Copy and paste the modules into /system/lib/modules as you did before then copy and paste the following into terminal line by line and dont modify the commands in any way:

Code:
su
mount -o remount,rw /system
cd /system/lib/modules
chmod 0644 *.ko
reboot
then hit enter to reboot.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Just now I remembered that you have to switch on the permissions in tool area of the r/w . I did that then tried again and still failed. ES won't let me delete the old files or rename them.
I'm stuck because each time I try to copy to device/system/lib/modules it fails
 
Surge1223
Old
#13  
Surge1223's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2126
Posts: 1,332
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Iowa

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbman1953 View Post
Just now I remembered that you have to switch on the permissions in tool area of the r/w . I did that then tried again and still failed. ES won't let me delete the old files or rename them.
I'm stuck because each time I try to copy to device/system/lib/modules it fails
Ok. Then open terminal type the following first:

Code:
su
mount -o remount, rw /system
Then copy and paste the modules In that folder and run the commands I typed in my previous post.
 
pbman1953
Old
#14  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 239
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge1223 View Post
Ok. Then open terminal type the following first:

Code:
su
mount -o remount, rw /system
Then copy and paste the modules In that folder and run the commands I typed in my previous post.

I got lucky!!

I rebooted a couple times, re-checked that the permissions in ES stuck in root explorer to all R/W's.

Then I went to device/ system/ lib/ modules and tried again to rename the existing 2 files and it worked. Then I copied in the 2 files need, rebooted for the last time and BINGO, working wifi

BIG thanks for all the time spent and help!!
 
pbman1953
Old
#15  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 13
Posts: 239
Join Date: Dec 2012
I do have one weird issue.

On text receiving, I see the flash of the incoming message on the notificationbar but the response is not added to the conversation list
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Clean Up Your Logcat Code with Lib Cleaner

Some of you may think that writing code is the hardest part of development. It’s not, as the … more

Tweak Your Xperia Device’s Camera App Yourself

We’ve come to expect nearly perfect cameraperformancein our modern day … more