Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,436 Members 45,025 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

i9505 updated to 4.3 now recovery booting

Tip us?

faisal_sherry
Old
(Last edited by faisal_sherry; 2nd February 2014 at 12:04 PM.) Reason: added more info
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Default i9505 updated to 4.3 now recovery booting

Hi i have tried to recover i9505 which was stuck on samsung logo assumed its just like another samsung phone so i downloaded any 4.3 firmware from internet and updated it using odin. Now phone is stuck at samsung logo with a message on top left corner recovery booting... I have tried different firmwares on it some of the were 4.3 but it still stuck there. on some firmware it gives error on odin and doesn't go further
state of the phone

can't boot into recovery holding vol + home +power
phone can go in to download mode
knox kernel lock: 0x0
knox warranty void: 0x1
csb-config-lsb: 0x30
write protection enabled
emmc Burst mode enabled

please help thanks

CarlM34
Old
(Last edited by CarlM34; 3rd February 2014 at 02:25 AM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2569
Quote:
Originally Posted by faisal_sherry View Post
Hi i have tried to recover i9505 which was stuck on samsung logo assumed its just like another samsung phone so i downloaded any 4.3 firmware from internet and updated it using odin. Now phone is stuck at samsung logo with a message on top left corner recovery booting... I have tried different firmwares on it some of the were 4.3 but it still stuck there. on some firmware it gives error on odin and doesn't go further
state of the phone

can't boot into recovery holding vol + home +power
phone can go in to download mode
knox kernel lock: 0x0
knox warranty void: 0x1
csb-config-lsb: 0x30
write protection enabled
emmc Burst mode enabled

please help thanks
Hi there,

First try getting into recovery again!

Turn device off completely and leave for a minute or so......
Hold Power + Volume Up (no need for home button)
Wait for Vibration and Samsung Logo to appear then the writing in the top left corner....
Release the Power button but keep Volume Up pressed
Wait for Vibration and Samsung logo and writing to appear then let go of the volume rocker
Hopefully will boot to recovery

Factory reset the device and reboot......

If above fails try below............

You need to flash the latest firmware for your device........Which must be 4.3 firmware due to the KNOX boot loader you have, which if you did not know you have void your KNOX warranty 0x1 ( you cannot use the knox application anymore and this is currently irreversible ). Check what the latest firmware is HERE and flash through odin........If your phone is in boot loop after flashing or stuck at the logo then boot into recovery (if possible) and factory reset the device and re-boot.

Flashing any old firmware won't work
I am on holiday. Back soon, maybe