Learn how to root your Note 8.0 GT-N5110 JB 4.2.2 (With Pictures)

Search This thread

AhmadLight

Nov 11, 2013
Cairo
UPDATE on 8-2-2014

You can use Triangle Away to reset the counter to 0
Everything is OK.. in download mode I get (0 counter, official Samsung and NO CUSTOM ROM)
I've used version 3.26 and worked well.

attachment.php

Read about TA here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1494114

Nonetheless, in "About" you'll see device status as "Custom" and you'll not be able to receive updates anymore......

################################################

Finally, I have rooted my N5110 Note 8.0...

It's posted already in many places over the net... But I want to share what I did successfully to root my tablet with pictures :)

I've also uploaded files on my Mediafire Account as some links were not working.

Hope it helps ...

Note: Using this root increases your flash counter. The flash counter keeps track of how many custom firmwares you have flashed, as this voids warranty. Triangle Away can be used to reset the flash counter after installing CF-Auto-Root.

Disclaimer: Rooting voids the warranty of your device. We and the developer of this rooting procedures shall not be held responsible if any undesirable outcomes may happen to your device. use of this root guide is solely at your own risk!

Pre-requisites
1. Install USB Driver for Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 on the computer.
Link: Click Here
Or
Mediafire

2. Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone by navigating to Settings >> Developer Options.

Note: Google "How to enable developer options" if you don't have it.

3. Make a backup of all your important data before following the guide.
4. The Galaxy Note 8.0 should be factory unlocked.
5. Ensure the battery of the phone is charged more than 80 percent. (I was 100% Before rooting, and 98% after rooting)
6. The CF-Auto-Root file works only on the Wi-Fi version of Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 (GT-N5110). Applying this to any incorrect variant might brick the device. Verify the model number of the Galaxy Note 8.0 by navigating to Settings >> About Phone.

File Required
1. CF-Auto-Root for Galaxy Note 8.0 (Wi-Fi) N5110 (CF-Auto-Root-konawifi-konawifixx-gtn5110.zip)

Link: Here

Or

Mediafire

2. Odin 3.07

Download: Here

Steps to Root Galaxy Note 8.0 (Wi-Fi) N5110 Running on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware

Step 1: Extract CF-Auto-Root and Odin 3.07 files using winrar/7zip or any other extracting tool.
Step 2: Switch off the Galaxy Note 8.0. Then boot the device into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together until a construction Android robot icon with a warning triangle appears on screen. Now press the Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.

On your tablet:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Step 3: Launch Odin on the computer as an Administrator.

Step 4: Connect the Galaxy Note 8.0 to the computer using USB cable while it is in the Download Mode. Wait until Odin detects the device. When the device is connected successfully, the ID: COM box will turn to light blue with the COM port number. Additionally, the successful connected will be indicated by a message saying Added.

Note: If the Added message does not appear, then try re-install USB drivers or changing the port on the computer.

On your PC:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Step 5: In Odin, click the PDA button and select the CF-Auto-Root-konawifi-konawifixx-gtn5110.tar.md5 file.
Step 6: Verify that Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are selected in Odin. Also, ensure the Re-Partition option is NOT selected.
Step 7: Double-check and click Start button in Odin. The installation process will now begin.

attachment.php

Step 8: Once the installation process is completed, your phone will restart and soon you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. You can now unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from the computer.

attachment.php

To check that you are rooted:

attachment.php

Root Checker:

attachment.php

Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 (Wi-Fi) N5110 running on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware is now rooted successfully. You can now install any app that requires root permission. Verify the root status of the device by downloading Root Checker app from Google Play Store.

Attachments

• 333.jpg
    333.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 57,243
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 56,864
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 57,116
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 56,974
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 56,981
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 56,833
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 56,399
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 56,199
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 56,084
Last edited:

coloxim

Feb 17, 2011
Pavia
Guys....any help for arch users?
Someone can help me?

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4 utilizzando Tapatalk

rivera82falcon

Aug 26, 2010
NJ
Very nice...great work. I'll try this later and post my results or if I run into any issues.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using xda app-developers app

rogrroman

Nov 18, 2013
Upload problem

hi, i have rooted my note 8.0 (n5110) usig the chainfire auto root method, but now i can't update to the official android version. how can i solve this? unrooting?
UPDATE on 8-2-2014

Everything is OK.. in download mode I get (0 counter, official Samsung and NO CUSTOM ROM)

233.jpg

It's posted already in many places over the net... But I want to share what I did successfully to root my tablet with pictures :)

I've also uploaded files on my Mediafire Account as some links were not working.

Hope it helps ...

Note: Using this root increases your flash counter. The flash counter keeps track of how many custom firmwares you have flashed, as this voids warranty. Triangle Away can be used to reset the flash counter after installing CF-Auto-Root.

Disclaimer: Rooting voids the warranty of your device. We and the developer of this rooting procedures shall not be held responsible if any undesirable outcomes may happen to your device. use of this root guide is solely at your own risk!

Pre-requisites
Or
Mediafire

2. Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone by navigating to Settings >> Developer Options.

5. Ensure the battery of the phone is charged more than 80 percent. (I was 100% Before rooting, and 98% after rooting)
6. The CF-Auto-Root file works only on the Wi-Fi version of Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 (GT-N5110). Applying this to any incorrect variant might brick the device. Verify the model number of the Galaxy Note 8.0 by navigating to Settings >> About Phone.

File Required
1. CF-Auto-Root for Galaxy Note 8.0 (Wi-Fi) N5110 (CF-Auto-Root-konawifi-konawifixx-gtn5110.zip)

Or

Mediafire

2. Odin 3.07

Steps to Root Galaxy Note 8.0 (Wi-Fi) N5110 Running on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Firmware

Step 1: Extract CF-Auto-Root and Odin 3.07 files using winrar/7zip or any other extracting tool.
Step 2: Switch off the Galaxy Note 8.0. Then boot the device into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together until a construction Android robot icon with a warning triangle appears on screen. Now press the Volume Up button to enter Download Mode.

On your tablet:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Step 4: Connect the Galaxy Note 8.0 to the computer using USB cable while it is in the Download Mode. Wait until Odin detects the device. When the device is connected successfully, the ID: COM box will turn to light blue with the COM port number. Additionally, the successful connected will be indicated by a message saying Added.

Note: If the Added message does not appear, then try re-install USB drivers or changing the port on the computer.

On your PC:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Step 5: In Odin, click the PDA button and select the CF-Auto-Root-konawifi-konawifixx-gtn5110.tar.md5 file.
Step 6: Verify that Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are selected in Odin. Also, ensure the Re-Partition option is NOT selected.
Step 7: Double-check and click Start button in Odin. The installation process will now begin.

image.jpg

Step 8: Once the installation process is completed, your phone will restart and soon you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. You can now unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from the computer.

image.jpg

123.jpg

Root Checker:

image.jpg

Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 (Wi-Fi) N5110 running on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware is now rooted successfully. You can now install any app that requires root permission. Verify the root status of the device by downloading Root Checker app from Google Play Store.

AhmadLight

Nov 11, 2013
Cairo
If you used the method in my topic... then yes, you won't get updates from samsung
Even after using triangle away
I asked about this here, but nobody answered :confused:

Cash091

Mar 1, 2014
Get the 2014 software on the Note 8

Does anyone know if it is possible to get the note 2014 10.1 software on the 8in? I really want the 8 inch tablet but I want the ability to draw windows on the screen. I know I don't have the screen space, but I still like the idea. It works on the Note 3, why not Note 8???

AhmadLight

Nov 11, 2013
Cairo
Does anyone know if it is possible to get the note 2014 10.1 software on the 8in? I really want the 8 inch tablet but I want the ability to draw windows on the screen. I know I don't have the screen space, but I still like the idea. It works on the Note 3, why not Note 8???

That's called Pen Window...
I heard that developers need at least JB 4.3 to be able to port these features and mods to our note 8.

Maybe after we get KitKat 4.4.2 they can do it

tengwer

Oct 14, 2012
check boxes grayed out

I attempted to use Odin to root my Galaxy Note but all the checkboxes are checked and grayed out. How do I get them so I can select and unselect the options you specified in this tutorial? Thanks for your help.

gooberdude

Oct 27, 2010
Saferoot works fine, if you have issues with Odin.

Plus you do not need to run triangle away as it does not mess with the flash counter and leaves your device Official.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UPDATE on 8-2-2014

attachment.php

Nonetheless, in "About" you'll see device status as "Custom" and you'll not be able to receive updates anymore......

Hope it helps ...

Pre-requisites
    Or
    Mediafire

File Required

Or

Mediafire

2. Odin 3.07

On your tablet:

attachment.php

attachment.php

On your PC:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Root Checker:

attachment.php

I have a much more easier way to root note 8 and is to use Kingo Android ROOT. 1 click rooting.

Which install malware / is dangerous, Kingo is banned an XDA

Gekritzelt von meinem Note 8
    Ahmadlight

It is actually a good tutorial for beginners. can you also add unroot method in the OP.

I didn't unroot my device, and I can't just copy other's methods.. I need to do it myself first

I'll try to do it when the Kitkat update start rolling out :)
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2130276

Framaroot.
    Use Aragorn exploit.

After root, status continue as official.
    Sure, search for the correct CF-Auto root file for 5120 and follow the steps in OP