Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,571 Members 51,562 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] 4.4.x ROM back to stock easily?

Tip us?

mooshubob
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Default [Q] 4.4.x ROM back to stock easily?

Hi all,

I'm wondering what the best way to flash the stock rooted ROM would be, in terms of keeping all my settings/data? I'm currently on Houstonn's PA 4.4.2 and I'd like to get a some more battery life out of the phone if possible.

Would titanium backup + restore app data be the best method? I know that usually restoring system data is a big no-no, but is there any way to get some system data on there without having to re-do everything?

Thanks!

mooshubob
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Bump, any advice please?

Koopa777
Old
Thanks Meter 242
2 things. One, why does the system data matter? There's almost nothing in common between 4.4.2 AOSP and 4.2.2 LG UI, and anything useful is already synced via Google. Second, that's a big negative even if you wanted to. Unless you want to bootloop like a pro, do NOT restore system data on a different Android API version. It's a bad idea normally but especially here. I personally use TB and just restore user apps + data.
Phone: Google Nexus 5 "hammerhead" ROM: LiquidSmooth F2FS Kernel: ElementalX 1.00
Tablet: Amazon Kindle Fire (Gen 1) "otterx" ROM: CM11-F2FS by Hashcode
Tablet: Google Nexus 10 "manta" ROM: LiquidSmooth F2FS-All Kernel: KT-Manta F2FS-All
Retired: Sprint Motorola Photon 4G "sunfire", Sprint LG G2 "LS980"

mooshubob
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa777 View Post
2 things. One, why does the system data matter? There's almost nothing in common between 4.4.2 AOSP and 4.2.2 LG UI, and anything useful is already synced via Google. Second, that's a big negative even if you wanted to. Unless you want to bootloop like a pro, do NOT restore system data on a different Android API version. It's a bad idea normally but especially here. I personally use TB and just restore user apps + data.
Thanks for the response! I was thinking system data just for the usual tedium of wifi passcodes, brightness calibration, homescreen setup, etc.