FORUMS

[Q] 4.4.x ROM back to stock easily?

92 posts
Thanks Meter: 25

By mooshubob, Member on 31st January 2014, 05:08 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi all,

I'm wondering what the best way to flash the stock rooted ROM would be, in terms of keeping all my settings/data? I'm currently on Houstonn's PA 4.4.2 and I'd like to get a some more battery life out of the phone if possible.

Would titanium backup + restore app data be the best method? I know that usually restoring system data is a big no-no, but is there any way to get some system data on there without having to re-do everything?

Thanks!

2nd February 2014, 01:29 AM |#2  
OP Member

More
Bump, any advice please?
2nd February 2014, 03:44 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 306

More
2 things. One, why does the system data matter? There's almost nothing in common between 4.4.2 AOSP and 4.2.2 LG UI, and anything useful is already synced via Google. Second, that's a big negative even if you wanted to. Unless you want to bootloop like a pro, do NOT restore system data on a different Android API version. It's a bad idea normally but especially here. I personally use TB and just restore user apps + data.
3rd February 2014, 03:10 AM |#4  
OP Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa777

2 things. One, why does the system data matter? There's almost nothing in common between 4.4.2 AOSP and 4.2.2 LG UI, and anything useful is already synced via Google. Second, that's a big negative even if you wanted to. Unless you want to bootloop like a pro, do NOT restore system data on a different Android API version. It's a bad idea normally but especially here. I personally use TB and just restore user apps + data.

Thanks for the response! I was thinking system data just for the usual tedium of wifi passcodes, brightness calibration, homescreen setup, etc.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread