Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] New Phone, Device Status: Custom

OP Juansito

3rd February 2014, 02:36 AM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareAlbatross

You'll find this amusing but I still prefer my old Galaxy Nexus over the Nexus 5. It may not have ran 4.4.2 perfectly but man... User-replaceable battery, amazing kernel mods, none of the weird bugs I encountered with the Nexus 5, rock solid GPS, and it took SD Cards.

I liked the Nexus 4 just fine, but man the 5 really burnt me on the Nexus line. I had a lot of problems with it. So did my coworker with his. Ended up returning both.

I'm new to android what phone do you suggest? I want a new phone latest model. I picked the note 3 because of the screen. Although it is nice and i love using it when im at home or laying down its just not functional for me as a phone everyday.
3rd February 2014, 03:36 AM   |  #12  
Flag Bronx
Thanks Meter: 82

219 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juansito

I'm new to android what phone do you suggest? I want a new phone latest model. I picked the note 3 because of the screen. Although it is nice and i love using it when im at home or laying down its just not functional for me as a phone everyday.

the sold you a repaired phone..... seems like the LCD broke and they bought a LCD from ebay and swap the board.......

the FULL LCD from ebay does not include IMEI sticker....... and some times its difficult to remove the original sticker....

I know this because I Note 3 fell and the screen broke... I bought a Black complete Note 3 without the logic board and I was good again...

My Phone was originally white....... I was able to transfer the IMEI sticker though....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-N900...item4d162a5a50

it would have been better if the the knox was not tripped.... it depend how much you paid if its over 500 return it....
3rd February 2014, 03:40 AM   |  #13  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareAlbatross

You'll find this amusing but I still prefer my old Galaxy Nexus over the Nexus 5. It may not have ran 4.4.2 perfectly but man... User-replaceable battery, amazing kernel mods, none of the weird bugs I encountered with the Nexus 5, rock solid GPS, and it took SD Cards.

I liked the Nexus 4 just fine, but man the 5 really burnt me on the Nexus line. I had a lot of problems with it. So did my coworker with his. Ended up returning both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antiguangenius

the sold you a repaired phone..... seems like the LCD broke and they bought a LCD from ebay and swap the board.......

the FULL LCD from ebay does not include IMEI sticker....... and some times its difficult to remove the original sticker....

I know this because I Note 3 fell and the screen broke... I bought a Black complete Note 3 without the logic board and I was good again...

My Phone was originally white....... I was able to transfer the IMEI sticker though....

it would have been better if the the knox was not tripped.... it depend how much you paid if its over 500 return it....

$693.42 and I'm returning it first thing tomorrow morning.
3rd February 2014, 03:41 AM   |  #14  
Flag Bronx

219 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

$693.42 and I'm returning it first thing tomorrow morning.

RETURN THAT FAST!!!! you got scammed......
3rd February 2014, 03:46 AM   |  #15  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Quote:

RETURN THAT FAST!!!! you got scammed......

Already got the box, packing and shipping box. Glad i have amazon a-z to fall back on just in-case these guys try to pull something when i return. Getting signature confirmation and insurance.
3rd February 2014, 03:48 AM   |  #16  
Flag Bronx

219 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Already got the box, packing and shipping box. Glad i have amazon a-z to fall back on just in-case these guys try to pull something when i return. Getting signature confirmation and insurance.

That's crazy though OMG.... make sure you leaave a review warning people and report it to Amazon

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
3rd February 2014, 03:53 AM   |  #17  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Quote:

That's crazy though OMG.... make sure you leaave a review warning people and report it to Amazon

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Read page 1, I'm reporting them to amazon as soon as i get my money back. A review wont do anything.
3rd February 2014, 05:10 AM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 5

36 posts
Quote:

Best thing I could tell you, since asking what's the best phone is like asking what's the best ROM, is go to your local carrier stores like ATT and T-Mobile, Sprint, etc... And just try out phones in your hand. Don't worry too much about specs these days. If it's running at least Android 4.2 with a 1Ghz processor it will make calls, end texts, and play cat videos. Even without, it should still.

If you want the absolute most epic and powerful phone you're already holding it as far as I know. The Note 3 not only has premiere specs but USB 3, support for something ridiculous like another 64 gigs or 128 gigs of CLASS 10 MicroSD goodness...And a stylus, which is something I've genuinely missed ever since the old WinMo 6.5 days when you could either choose the multitouch mod or the overclock mod but not both.

Really though, your best is just go to stores and see what feels best especially since you seem to be the kind of person for whom the feel of the phone in your hand and how it carries is important. You can always then walk out of the store, go on someplace like Swappa, and find the phone at a cheaper price and probably unlocked.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread