Would The LG G4 Fare Well With The Snapdragon 808?

The LG G4 has a lot to prove, given that last year’s LG G3 was among the best … more

CyanogenMod 12.1 for Android One

Android One devices once again got a pretty stable release of Android 5.1. XDA Recognized … more

DexPatcher: Patch Android APKs Using Java

You’ve probably seen or installed modified applications, be it a patched dialer for your … more

Is Cloud Storage Ready to Replace External Storage?

With more and more OEMs ditching SD cards on their flagships, cloud storage is … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q]How to do fresh Installation

1st February 2014, 12:21 PM |#1  
avik6123's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 414
 
448 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Donate to Me
More
Hey guys currently i am using cm11 bt i want to switch to exiztence rom.can somebody tell me the steps how to do fresh Installation to install exiztence rom.....?

Sent from my Xperia ion using xda app-developers app
1st February 2014, 01:06 PM |#2  
Captain Droid's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 157
 
438 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by avik6123

Hey guys currently i am using cm11 bt i want to switch to exiztence rom.can somebody tell me the steps how to do fresh Installation to install exiztence rom.....?

Sent from my Xperia ion using xda app-developers app


Stock_Kernel_twrp2.5_Lt28h_211

I Guess you are on Un locked Boot loader.
You can flash this kernel, i think its pretty stable and working fine. You will get TWRP too. Or Not, its your wish. Anyways Both will work.

Now, What i normally do is delete the files in phone memory.Then boot into recovery do a factory reset or Mount /system , /cache, /Data and format. Triple format to make sure everything is wiped. Factory Reset wont be enough.

Now flash the ROM which you like. It will be like fresh installation, there wont be any leftovers from previous ROM.

1st February 2014, 04:22 PM |#3  
avik6123's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 414
 
448 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Droid


Stock_Kernel_twrp2.5_Lt28h_211

I Guess you are on Un locked Boot loader.
You can flash this kernel, i think its pretty stable and working fine. You will get TWRP too. Or Not, its your wish. Anyways Both will work.

Now, What i normally do is delete the files in phone memory.Then boot into recovery do a factory reset or Mount /system , /cache, /Data and format. Triple format to make sure everything is wiped. Factory Reset wont be enough.

Now flash the ROM which you like. It will be like fresh installation, there wont be any leftovers from previous ROM.

it is mandatory to flash kernel or not before install other stocked based rom...?
bcoz i am using cm11....
1st February 2014, 04:58 PM |#4  
avik6123's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 414
 
448 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Droid


Stock_Kernel_twrp2.5_Lt28h_211

I Guess you are on Un locked Boot loader.
You can flash this kernel, i think its pretty stable and working fine. You will get TWRP too. Or Not, its your wish. Anyways Both will work.

Now, What i normally do is delete the files in phone memory.Then boot into recovery do a factory reset or Mount /system , /cache, /Data and format. Triple format to make sure everything is wiped. Factory Reset wont be enough.

Now flash the ROM which you like. It will be like fresh installation, there wont be any leftovers from previous ROM.

Hey dude i want to revert back to stock rom from cm11, can you help me.......?
first of all what i have to do..?
1st February 2014, 06:47 PM |#5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
41 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
More
I guess just turn off your phone
download stock rom
run flashtool and flash it from there?
1st February 2014, 06:58 PM |#6  
avik6123's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Delhi
Thanks Meter: 414
 
448 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by UlvarinPL

I guess just turn off your phone
download stock rom
run flashtool and flash it from there?

Bt my bootloader is unlocked?

Sent from my Xperia ion using xda app-developers app
3rd February 2014, 04:53 AM |#7  
Captain Droid's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dubai
Thanks Meter: 157
 
438 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by avik6123

Bt my bootloader is unlocked?

Sent from my Xperia ion using xda app-developers app

Same here bro, mine is BL unlocked. Im now running on stock rooted ROM and using the same kernel i sent you in previous post.
so its stock kernel and stock ROM. and advantage is you have TWRP with the stock kernel.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes