XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Help with install KyleOPEN ROM to Galaxy S7562 Duos

Tip us?

gabi03
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Help with install KyleOPEN ROM to Galaxy S7562 Duos

Hi ! I would like to try KyleOpen ROM, but I am very noob…

My phone are this details:

Kies: Versiune actuala firmware: PDA:LJ4 / PHONE:LJ3 / CSC:LJ1 (COA)

Setari telefon: Vers. Android: 4.0.4
Vers banda de baza: S7562XXLJ3
Vers nucleu: 3.0.8-1102401dpi@DELL138#1
Tue Oct 16.11.19:12 KST 2012
Numar versiune: IMM761.S7562XXALJ4

I want upgrade my stock ROM with KyleOPEN ROM, but I’m afraid to problems with GSM or Wi-Fi signal, or other problems after instal KyleOpen ROM, because in one at the first posts of @cheatman, I read this:
“Before installing KyleOpen ROM, make sure you are running XXBMD6 as base ROM. If you skip this step, you may have network and signal problems after installing KyleOpen ROM. So, download the ROM image here and flash it from download mode using ODIN and PDA button BEFORE you continue!”

I download file “S7562XXBMD6_S7562OXXBME1_S7562XXBMD4_HOME.tar.md5 ”.
This file is good for my phone? Now just install this file, or first install XXBMD6 as base ROM ???
Please, can anyone explain me procedure for beginners?

Best regards,
Gabi.

Nikhil...007
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Hey mate,
You don't need to worry about the signals problem as it rarely occurs, I had no such problems when I flashed it on S7562DDBMG1. For a beginner I recommend going for the recommended baseband version.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2327716
Follow all the instructions given in the 2nd post of the above link carefully. After you reboot you should be on the recommended firmware.
Now, download the rom and follow the instructions given in the thread of kyleopen.when you boot up you will be on kyleopen
Happy flashing
The Following User Says Thank You to Nikhil...007 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]