Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,395 Members 46,679 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC Sensation stuck at htc screen

Tip us?

Friso_HK
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzr86 View Post
put the boot.img in your adb and fastboot folder
open in that folder a cmd window and type
fastboot flash boot boot.img

for htc drivers see here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2217396
i works i looooooooove youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

PoXFreak
Old
Thanks Meter 826

DONATE TO ME
What about those of us that have no USB connectivity, meaning when USB cable is connected, you get no "Fastboot USB" on the bootloader screen?
I'm S-on, so flashing recoveries from the SD card isn't possible.
Daily device
Samsung Infuse SGH-I997, CM 10.2/11
x86 device
HP Mini 5101 10" net book
Android 4.4.2

ushmal
Old
(Last edited by ushmal; 31st January 2014 at 03:31 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Smile Try this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoXFreak View Post
What about those of us that have no USB connectivity, meaning when USB cable is connected, you get no "Fastboot USB" on the bootloader screen?
I'm S-on, so flashing recoveries from the SD card isn't possible.
Try following method 2 in this guide( through updating via PG58IMG.zip file) http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1599816. Be carefule about the md5 checksum of the recovery image. Double check before flashing!!

After this, boot into recovery(from the bootloader menu, select appropriate superuser.zip file(for rooting, search xda ...there are many options) and flash root. You now have a custom recovery and are rooted. Now you can flash any custom rom.

All the above assuming you can somehow transfer files to your SD card through a card reader or any other means...
NOTE: Delete the PG58IMG.zip after flashing recovery.

PoXFreak
Old
Thanks Meter 826

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ushmal View Post
Try following method 2 in this guide( through updating via PG58IMG.zip file) http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1599816. Be carefule about the md5 checksum of the recovery image. Double check before flashing!!

After this, boot into recovery(from the bootloader menu, select appropriate superuser.zip file(for rooting, search xda ...there are many options) and flash root. You now have a custom recovery and are rooted. Now you can flash any custom rom.

All the above assuming you can somehow transfer files to your SD card through a card reader or any other means...
NOTE: Delete the PG58IMG.zip after flashing recovery.
Still won't work. I have tried flashing stock firmwares, stock and non-stock recoveries, reflashing root.zip, restore from known good backups, nothing has worked. Phone is stuck at first HTC logo screen and will go no further, and with no USB connectivity, it's impossible for me to flash even PG58IMGs' because the phone is S-on.
Daily device
Samsung Infuse SGH-I997, CM 10.2/11
x86 device
HP Mini 5101 10" net book
Android 4.4.2

ushmal
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Smile Maybe this could work for you...just a suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoXFreak View Post
Still won't work. I have tried flashing stock firmwares, stock and non-stock recoveries, reflashing root.zip, restore from known good backups, nothing has worked. Phone is stuck at first HTC logo screen and will go no further, and with no USB connectivity, it's impossible for me to flash even PG58IMGs' because the phone is S-on.
Ok, from your reply i gather that even though you transferred the PG581MG to your SD card, the phone did not update when your got to the bootloader menu. I do not think being S-ON will prevent you from installing from the zip file...but maybe i am wrong. Hey now all i can think is this:

Turn off your phone, remove the battery, wait for some time(~10seconds), then put the battery back in. Now press Power +Vol down switch together. Now at the boot loader menu select Fastboot and press Power button. Connect your phone to your PC now and wait. The check if the next screen shows 'FASTBOOT USB'.

If you get 'FASTBOOT USB' in the next screen, then you have multiple options, but for you i would suggest that you download the latest RUU for the phone depending on your region and cid. Then run the ruu while the device is still in FASTBOOT USB mode. This will restore your phone's firmware recovery and rom back to stock.

But if your phone does not show fastboot usb then i'm stumped dude...maybe the experts here in our sensation community will be able to help out....

All the best ...and report if anything improves...