Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,734,168 Members 51,253 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Could someone post the camera apk from KitKat?

Tip us?

incisivekeith
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 72
Default Could someone post the camera apk from KitKat?

I'm very disappointed with the resolution of the default camera. The images are not sharp, and absolutely terrible in low light. I'm surprised Samsung is getting away with this.

Is the camera software on KitKat better, and could someone post it's apk? Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app
Device: Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 (international)
ROM: Criskelo 4.0.4 ICS ROM XXLRK v11.2
Modem: XXLRK
Kernel: speedmod k 3-13

RErick
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4470

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by incisivekeith View Post
I'm very disappointed with the resolution of the default camera. The images are not sharp, and absolutely terrible in low light. I'm surprised Samsung is getting away with this.

Is the camera software on KitKat better, and could someone post it's apk? Thanks.

Really? This is one of the best cameras out there. You're not gonna get much better unless you get a GS4 Zoom or a Nokia Lumina (the one with a 41 mp camera). You gotta learn how to play with the settings on the app
Sign up to copy.com here for free and receive an extra free 5GB storage. That's 20GB free!

Everyone Needs To Read This

incisivekeith
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by RErick View Post
Really? This is one of the best cameras out there. You're not gonna get much better unless you get a GS4 Zoom or a Nokia Lumina (the one with a 41 mp camera). You gotta learn how to play with the settings on the app
The OG Note has a much better camera with default settings, in my opinion. What main settings get you good pics on the Note 3?

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 (international)
ROM: Criskelo 4.0.4 ICS ROM XXLRK v11.2
Modem: XXLRK
Kernel: speedmod k 3-13

RErick
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4470

DONATE TO ME
Highest quality, image stabilization on, auto mode. Just play with it, it has iso and exposure settings too. I have taken some really sweet long exposure shots with it propped up on a rock that look like they've been taken with slow exposure film.
Sign up to copy.com here for free and receive an extra free 5GB storage. That's 20GB free!

The Following User Says Thank You to RErick For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BewareAlbatross
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Ever tried Camera Zoom FX?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...meraZoom&hl=en

I'm REALLY fond of it. For me I had a lot of issues with the default Note 3 camera app. Forcecloses, videos that randomly kept the torch on until I rebooted... Camera Zoom FX makes it a lot easier to make great use of the Note 3 camera hardware.

RErick
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4470

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by BewareAlbatross View Post
Ever tried Camera Zoom FX?
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...meraZoom&hl=en

I'm REALLY fond of it. For me I had a lot of issues with the default Note 3 camera app. Forcecloses, videos that randomly kept the torch on until I rebooted... Camera Zoom FX makes it a lot easier to make great use of the Note 3 camera hardware.
Yeah, but that is only good for up to 8MP processing. I'd rather have the full resolution of what's built in.

BewareAlbatross
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by RErick View Post
Yeah, but that is only good for up to 8MP processing. I'd rather have the full resolution of what's built in.
Mine goes to 12.8MP (4128x3096). I did notice it didn't do 4k video recording, but I can't find any third-party apps that do that. Does it maybe vary device to device? Might be worth trying out... I know the max MP stated for the Note 3 is 13 but for all I know that's an averages thing. I don't mind losing 0.2MP, since for all I know the full 13 is like I said just raising up.

The Following User Says Thank You to BewareAlbatross For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]