Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Urgent - Gear has stuck

OP peter7

1st February 2014, 03:52 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

594 posts
I tried to install a firmware viaodin but now the Gear is just in the downloading mode and nothing is changing - how do I get back to the normal mode `?
1st February 2014, 06:15 PM   |  #2  
Flag St Clair Shores
Thanks Meter: 0

21 posts
More
Odin should have restarted the device after the flash. Did you flash the firmware in the PDA section?
2nd February 2014, 05:59 AM   |  #3  
Make sure you have the drivers installed on your computer. Hold down power button on gear to restart

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
3rd February 2014, 03:50 AM   |  #4  

3 posts
stuck on download mode
My gear has stuck on download mode after twrp recovery can you help
3rd February 2014, 05:32 AM   |  #5  
Flag Las Vegas, NV
Thanks Meter: 94

311 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by arealdude

My gear has stuck on download mode after twrp recovery can you help

Did you try to do what the post above you suggested? No matter what holding power would get you out of an unsuccessful Odin flash. Or if anything use Adb there's a bunch of guides/ commands to use. Just search adb in xda (all forums)
3rd February 2014, 08:46 AM   |  #6  

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevor7428

Did you try to do what the post above you suggested? No matter what holding power down get you out of nsuccessful Odin flash. Or if anything use Adb there's a bunch of guides/ commands to use. Just search adb in xda (all forums)

Thanks for the reply, I tried holding power button which wasn't successful, it just went straight back to downlond mode. Just so we're clear this all happened when I installed twrp from gears sd card, would it make a difference if its from there or from odin to sort this problem out?.. thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread