XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] its bad

Tip us?

Mr. Struck
Old
Thanks Meter 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecuddy View Post
Started with twrps. Got md5 error. Reverted to backup. Then got cwm zip and booted to twps and tried to install it. Then problem.
So as I mentioned earlier, you will need to get either TWRP back as your recovery, in order to restore the backup you made with it, or you will want to switch to Philz, which is the best recovery option available anyway, and use Philz to restore your TWRP backup. I think for starters you will want to use TWRP just to get back up and running, and then switch to Philz soon so that you aren't too overwhelmed tonight.

http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/d2spr

Choose the tar file for either version 2.6.3.0 or 2.6.3.1 and use Odin to push it onto your phone (2.6.3.1 is the newest version, but doesn't install properly on some devices; 2.6.3.0 should work for our purposes if 2.6.3.1 doesn't install properly for you). Then follow my instructions a couple of posts back about booting into recovery after using Odin.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Struck For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thecuddy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Ill have to do this tomorrow. I pushed the tar through with odin and the phone is running at stock with supersu. Im not sure if my recovery is cwm or twrp now. But I have spent all day doing this. Ill continue tomorrow thnx again.

Mr. Struck
Old
Thanks Meter 277
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecuddy View Post
Ill have to do this tomorrow. I pushed the tar through with odin and the phone is running at stock with supersu. Im not sure if my recovery is cwm or twrp now. But I have spent all day doing this. Ill continue tomorrow thnx again.
You should now have TWRP as your custom recovery. Feel free to PM me if needed tomorrow for any advice going forward.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Struck For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]