Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,341 Members 48,351 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Galaxy S4 i337/i337m/i9505 ROM compatiblity

Tip us?

DeadlySin9
Old
Thanks Meter 622

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerouig View Post
Thx so much. It's clearer now for me; it is indeed a tar file signed for I337 I was wrongly thinking that since I337M and I337 both share the same hardware rom compatibility might be possible, but I guess the AT&T factor plays the game otherwise. I'll check what's cooking in i9505 thread.
So, If I understand you correctly, an i9505 flashable zip, like wamalite for example, would work for i337m, is that so?
Yes. Any ROM in a flashable zip for any variant of the S4 except the i9500 (exynos model) will work on your device. I9505 are the easiest to get working, some other variant ROMs may need tweaking to work well. There's a thread about running other carrier ROMs in the general section.

Sent from Black<3's I337 running Hyperdrive
Current Device: ATT Samsung Galaxy S4 (i337)

Past Devices:
Droid Bionic (GSM Hacked)
HTC Inspire 4G (Desire HD)
Nexus One
Motorola Backflip
HTC Dev Phone 1 (Dream/G1)
The Following User Says Thank You to DeadlySin9 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

guerouig
Old
Thanks Meter 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySin9 View Post
Yes. Any ROM in a flashable zip for any variant of the S4 except the i9500 (exynos model) will work on your device. I9505 are the easiest to get working, some other variant ROMs may need tweaking to work well. There's a thread about running other carrier ROMs in the general section.

Sent from Black<3's I337 running Hyperdrive
last, would there be any knox issues if I flashed I9505 roms or do I have to simply remove knox? I also read that someone who flashed I9505 rom onto his I337m tulred his device to I9505 as well; is that "normal"

DeadlySin9
Old
Thanks Meter 622

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerouig View Post
last, would there be any knox issues if I flashed I9505 roms or do I have to simply remove knox? I also read that someone who flashed I9505 rom onto his I337m tulred his device to I9505 as well; is that "normal"
I don't know much about how knox affects custom recovery or if you can flash without tripping it. I know for sure it won't stop anything but would just simply void warranty. If you flash an I9505 ROM then because of the build.prop it will tell you it's an I9505, but it's still an I337M, you can't like use the i9505 ODIN files or anything just because you have an i9505 rom.
Current Device: ATT Samsung Galaxy S4 (i337)

Past Devices:
Droid Bionic (GSM Hacked)
HTC Inspire 4G (Desire HD)
Nexus One
Motorola Backflip
HTC Dev Phone 1 (Dream/G1)
The Following User Says Thank You to DeadlySin9 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

guerouig
Old
Thanks Meter 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlySin9 View Post
I don't know much about how knox affects custom recovery or if you can flash without tripping it. I know for sure it won't stop anything but would just simply void warranty. If you flash an I9505 ROM then because of the build.prop it will tell you it's an I9505, but it's still an I337M, you can't like use the i9505 ODIN files or anything just because you have an i9505 rom.
you've been extremely helpfull, thx a lot bro.

maddhatter0311
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I've been trying to get either carbon Kitkat or aosb 1.2.7 on my i337, but when I try to flash the rom in twrp 2.6.3.1 it keeps giving me an error saying that the rom is only for jflte, jfltexx, i9505, gt-i9505. I don't know how to remedy this problem, am I stuck out?