Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Mural Watchface Brings 500px to Android Wear

On a traditional watch, you can’t really do too much to change its appearance once … more

Android 5.0 Favorite Features, Release November 3rd? – XDA TV

Google Confirms Android 5.0 Lollipop for November 3rd! That and much more … more

Prepare Your Build Machines: Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn Now Official

Today is an important day for any and all Linux enthusiasts. One of the … more

[Q] New to Themer and I have a few questions

OP AndroidCraig

1st February 2014, 12:50 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15

202 posts
All,

I recently downloaded Themer and love a lot about it. It's quick, and very nice looking.I realize it's still in beta and I can appreciate how stable it is for being a beta program.

My questions concern more the area of customization rather then functionality.

1: Is there any way of adding my own Smart categories? I'd love to be able to reorganize some apps into a slightly different hierarchy/grouping.

2: Is there anyway to get the launcher to recognize the Music player on the Galaxy S4? it refuses to use it on any of the home screens/themes I've tried even though I've got it set in the app preferences.

I'm coming from using a bunch of other launchers that are good, but not quite what I've been looking for.

Thanks in advance.
1st February 2014, 04:20 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 113

572 posts
More
1. The function is probably going to get added

Sent From My GT-I9000 Running Mackay ROM KK 4.4.2
1st February 2014, 05:49 PM   |  #3  
Flag Rochdale
Thanks Meter: 209

531 posts
More
on the S4 m8 just select widgets from themer menu then select the music player widget
2nd February 2014, 06:15 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15

202 posts
Alldroid, these themes already have a music player widget as part of them. Replacing it with the stock music player widget would ruin the theme. For now I have it pointing to Play music player, but I would like to have the Samsung music player be the default app for playing music.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
2nd February 2014, 11:53 AM   |  #5  
Official Themer Rep
Thanks Meter: 442

944 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidCraig

All,

I recently downloaded Themer and love a lot about it. It's quick, and very nice looking.I realize it's still in beta and I can appreciate how stable it is for being a beta program.

My questions concern more the area of customization rather then functionality.

1: Is there any way of adding my own Smart categories? I'd love to be able to reorganize some apps into a slightly different hierarchy/grouping.

2: Is there anyway to get the launcher to recognize the Music player on the Galaxy S4? it refuses to use it on any of the home screens/themes I've tried even though I've got it set in the app preferences.

I'm coming from using a bunch of other launchers that are good, but not quite what I've been looking for.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

1. We are planning on doing this in the future.
2. The manufacturer music players are incredibly hard to incorporate, but it will also be added in the future.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
2nd February 2014, 03:31 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 190

840 posts
More
I dont have social Networks. How do i use it?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
3rd February 2014, 08:31 AM   |  #7  
Official Themer Rep
Thanks Meter: 442

944 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by htcsnap93

I dont have social Networks. How do i use it?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

You can log in using your Google account. You needed a Google account to log into the Google Play Store and download Themer, therefore you can use that same account

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread