Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,085 Members 43,888 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] need help rooting my st15i

Tip us?

sud.vastav
Old
Thanks Meter 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Taco View Post
Thanks for the info :thumbup:.. Do i need to backup my apk files and all my data? If yes, what kind of app? I found this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1877183 because i want to use the adreno 200.. Can it be use in my st15i? And one more thing to help me understand
Unlock bootloader= Disable CPU rendering
Custom kernels= Adeno 200

Correct me if I'm wrong

P.S Is adeno 200 can make phone more faster? and how?
You should rather post on the thread about adreno200. People there can help you better...
Also unlocking bootloader allows you to install custom kernels on your devices and hence custom roms varying from gingerbread to kitkat...
I have used over 15-20 roms on my phone(xperia mini) and if you want a fast phone, my personal advice to you is either stay on gingerbread or migrate to kitkat.
Rest is all up to you... Its your phone use it and/or experiment with it as you want!
Hit thanks if i helped!
"If I helped you or if you like my work, Hit Thanks
It encourages me!"
"With great power comes great difficulty in factorizing the polynomial"
#‎Sorry_Spidy

The Following User Says Thank You to sud.vastav For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sud.vastav
Old
Thanks Meter 417
And yes I forgot to tell you one thing, custom kernels also supports overclocking your device that is you can run your processor at even upto 1.8Ghz rather than stock 1Ghz. This though would consume more battery but it would reduce lag.
Note that overclocking limit depends on kernel.
Hit thanks if I helped!

Sent from my Xperia Mini using xda app-developers app
It encourages me!"
#‎Sorry_Spidy

The Following User Says Thank You to sud.vastav For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sinstratos
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Thanks for the info :thumbup:.. Do i need to backup my apk files and all my data? If yes, what kind of app? I found this http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1877183 because i want to use the adreno 200.. Can it be use in my st15i? And one more thing to help me understand
Unlock bootloader= Disable CPU rendering
Custom kernels= Adeno 200

Correct me if I'm wrong

You don't really need to backup your data, rooting doesn't delete anything from your phone. Okay, let's make it simple - step-by-step. I'll post links after the procedure.

01. Root or unlock bootloader (I prefer unlocking the bootloader)
02. If you rooted, install CWM (ClockWorkMod) Recovery; if you unlocked the bootloader, flash a custom kernel (recovery is flashed along with it)
03. [Optional] Remove bloatware
04. Download the files from the "Adreno Booster" and "Disable CPU Rendering" threads (they are in .zip format) and copy them onto your SD card
05. Enter CWM, then choose Install ZIP from SD card (use hardware keys; vol. up = scroll up, vol. down = scroll down, home = select, back = back)
06. Reboot through CWM
07. After booting, reboot again (for Adreno Booster to take effect)

Quote:
Adreno 200 is a GPU, and your ST15i has an Adreno 205. What you want to install is a mod that improves its performance.

Quote:
[How-To] Unlock the bootloader of xperia devices
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8#post31376248
Quote:
Flashtool (comes in handy)
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1351309
The Following User Says Thank You to sinstratos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

El Taco
Old
(Last edited by El Taco; 31st January 2014 at 01:29 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
I'll post back after i root..can i have your facebook so that easy for me to ask anything..

El Taco
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
I tried to unlock the bootloader and root.. None of them working.. I don't know if i doing it wrong or something else.. Maybe i just have to give up..Some of the instructions are hard to understand. All i need is easy method.. Even the Eroot fail me..

Sent from my ST15i using xda app-developers app

sud.vastav
Old
Thanks Meter 417
Quote:
I tried to unlock the bootloader and root.. None of them working.. I don't know if i doing it wrong or something else.. Maybe i just have to give up..Some of the instructions are hard to understand. All i need is easy method.. Even the Eroot fail me..

On what android are you?

It encourages me!"
#‎Sorry_Spidy

sinstratos
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:

Be sure to read the instructions VERY CAREFULLY.

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sud.vastav View Post
On what android are you?

He's on Gingerbread, mate.

El Taco
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
I just need a very detail step-by-step instructions because I'm very new with rooting and other stuff.. Maybe i should keep the phone with the way it is..