5,601,143 Members 54,068 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How do I access developer options on 4.4.2?

Tip us?

BeeBiteBoy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] How do I access developer options on 4.4.2?

I have tried going to build number and tapping on it, a "K" appears on the screen and then the screen turns red and says android 4.4.2

church
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeBiteBoy View Post
I have tried going to build number and tapping on it, a "K" appears on the screen and then the screen turns red and says android 4.4.2
might want to check again where you're tapping. to get the spinning K to appear you're tapping on android version which is just an easter egg. to get dev mode tap on build number at the bottom of list.

remember android version i.e. 4.4.2
Build number KOT49H

Darth Dick
Old
(Last edited by Darth Dick; 3rd February 2014 at 10:40 AM.) Reason: *
Thanks Meter 2
Default SOLVED - DEVELOPER OPTIONS "7-tap" Not Working

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeBiteBoy View Post
Make sure you are on the PRIMARY profile on the tablet (it will be first one on the left when you go to log on). Tapping the build number while in the primary account will enable Developer Options option.

I have had this problem from the start on stock KitKat 4.4.2. Tapping Build Number hundreds of times would not bring up Developer Options (tapping Android Version will get you to the spinning K). After learning of "Developer Options" from the play store, I was finally able to get into the settings... kind of.

I am always using a secondary profile (not a restricted profile) instead of the main profile that I set up for my family on the tablet. When I opened the Developers Options app it did it's job and got me into the Developer Options, where I got an error saying "Developer Options are not available for this user."

So I switched to the first profile I created on the tablet and clicked Build Number 7x and I can now enable DO.

I'm sure someone has already discovered this (and credit to them) but I have not seen it posted anywhere on these forums, or on the Internet, after weeks of searching. I hope this helps some poor lost soul like me.

Please hit the Thanks button if this helped.