Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,201 Members 52,169 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Device restarting] Memcard problems

Tip us?

begimaad
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Default [Device restarting] Memcard problems

I just updated onto kitkat yesterday,and dont know if the following problem is due to the update.
The problem is that whenever i press unmount sd card in the settings my phone just restarts. This is the main problem.
Secondarily
And also i cant delete or rename anything present in the memcard via any third party file explorers but the native file manager works just fine.
Plz any help will be greatly appreciated
Sent from my SM-N900 using xda app-developers app

radicalisto
Old
Thanks Meter 1385

DONATE TO ME
The reboot when you unmount I am unsure about, but the deletion of items on the memory card is a known issue within Kitkat, there is a fix for it if you are rooted.
// LG G3 (D855) // Stock // Stock //

// HTC One (M8) // GPE Stock // Stock GPE//

// Nexus 7 (flo) // Android L // Stock//

S3(White) > M7(Red) > Note 3(Black) > Nexus 5(Black) > M8(Gunmetal)/LG G3 (Titan Grey)
The Following User Says Thank You to radicalisto For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

begimaad
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by radicalisto View Post
The reboot when you unmount I am unsure about, but the deletion of items on the memory card is a known issue within Kitkat, there is a fix for it if you are rooted.
Thank you. Dont want to root my device as its not even a week old. The Note 3s sold here are having hardware related problems so dont want to void my warranty just yet until i m sure theres no problem with my device.
Anyways i figured out the device restarts if i minimize the settings after i press the unmount button, no restarting occurs if i leave the fone untouched till it unmounts the sd card.

begimaad
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 18
Will the ink color effect work by touch instead of spen?