Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,319 Members 53,446 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] touch sensitivity

Tip us?

aqswde123
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default [Q] touch sensitivity

Is it me or do you guys feel the touch sensitivity is much lower than other phones? It is not a big issue and barely noticeable during daily use but at least in my handset it feels like slightly extra pressure has to be added to the screen. Could someone verify?

thanks

Tag49
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I think my feeling is completely unfounded, but I have sometimes some "missed" :
  • When I use the keyboard: I make more mistakes than my old phone, while the keys are much larger ...
  • Sometimes I need to really "press" the screen with the finger much harder than my old phone
The Following User Says Thank You to Tag49 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

angomy
Old
Thanks Meter 95
I agree with you, I feel like I need to put more pressure on this than my Samsung Note 10.1, my SO's iPhone 4s, or even my old LG Optimus & iPhone 3g. I got used to it after a while but I wish there was a way to re-calibrate the screen sensitivity.

If someone knows of a way to do it (without requiring root) I'd appreciate it so much. (Unlocking bootloader/rooting invalidates warranty in the US AFAIK, so I don't want to do it quite yet..)
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1
Moto G 16GB US GSM

aqswde123
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Its hard to notice during regular use, but its suprising that even a basic chinese phone has better response.