[Q] Reroot after 4.3.3 ota update?

Search This thread

dinu5885

Jan 23, 2011
Hi guys, first of all thanks to be there always, I was on insertcoin 6.0.4, then I just thought to grab ota, so I flash stock backup zip and stock recovery , grab ota installed it, now I can't reroot it, now I am s off with lock bootloader, please help, I tried to push custom recovery in fastboot but nothing happened, it just keep saying waiting for device.

JazLiew

Aug 15, 2008
Manchester
First of all wrong thread, this should be in QnA. Secondly, make sure you connect your phone straight to the USB port on your computer (do not use external USB hub) if your phone is connected to the computer, in fastboot you should see fastboot USB. And make sure your phone is in fastboot mode in the boot loader.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Reactions: dinu5885

dinu5885

Jan 23, 2011
Right now I don't have access to my pc, so I will try it later, but is it possible to reroot, what is probability.

dinu5885

Jan 23, 2011
So you should have debugging enable in developer option, but there is no developer option in my setting menu, though it says it is test device, is it fine if there is no developer option or it is not there natively in 4.3, could that be the reason.

Last edited:

cjm1979

Apr 9, 2009
Batley
Settings > About > Software information > More > Tap on build number about 10 times.
It should say something like"you are now a developer". Now go back out and developer options should be above the About options. Usb debugging is in there.

Last edited:
Reactions: dinu5885

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First of all wrong thread, this should be in QnA. Secondly, make sure you connect your phone straight to the USB port on your computer (do not use external USB hub) if your phone is connected to the computer, in fastboot you should see fastboot USB. And make sure your phone is in fastboot mode in the boot loader.

Unlock your bootloader first
    There should be a adb command to unlock bootloader since your s off
    Settings > About > Software information > More > Tap on build number about 10 times.
    It should say something like"you are now a developer". Now go back out and developer options should be above the About options. Usb debugging is in there.