Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,266 Members 40,132 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Guest Mode?

Tip us?

wisepage
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] Guest Mode?

Does the G Pad have Guest Mode like the G2 does? I have recently set up Guest Mode on my G2 and love it. I can give the phone to my kids, they enter their own unlock pattern and they can only access set apps that I designate. That's it. They can't access the notification shade or the app drawer. They can't add or change or delete anything. It's exactly what I want so I can safely hand the phone to my kids without worrying what they do.

On the G Pad 8.3, it seems to be a full multi-user account experience. This is great, but it seems that Guest Mode has been removed to make way for it. Multi-User still allows almost full access, and I can see my kids screwing something up if I use it. For the kids to use, I would much rather use GM, and I can't seem to find it anymore. Is it hidden somewhere that I'm not seeing? If it's gone, is it possible to get it back maybe through side loading or a mod or something?

wisepage
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Anyone?

A lot of sites on the web seem to list it as having Guest Mode. Not sure if that's incorrect or not.

ASW1
Old
Thanks Meter 34
I don't think you can. At least I don't see an option for that when adding a new user.
The LG G2 supports it, but it's not on the G pad.