Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,676 Members 51,777 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] I bricked my Galaxy Tab 2 with Cyandelta plus Root access possibly lost? Help?

Tip us?

N7Mafia
Old
(Last edited by N7Mafia; 3rd February 2014 at 09:24 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] I bricked my Galaxy Tab 2 with Cyandelta plus Root access possibly lost? Help?

Hi,

Up until a few days ago I was happily running CM 10.2 on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 and regularly updating through Cyandelta, then the program stopped showing me new updates so I downloaded the penultimate release (cm-11-20140131-NIGHTLY-p5100) and used Cyandelta to rebuild the zip by downloading and incorporating the latest release (cm-11-20140201-NIGHTLY-p5100) then I had it install it on my tablet.

As a result, I am now currently in a bootloop, as soon as I turn on the device it boots in Recovery Mode and asks me what to do. I wanted to access my tab via USB as I used to do in order to put on the memory card the latest CM11, format and start from scratch but I can't access it via computer anymore, all I have to work with is the botched Cyandelta zip. I tried the usual "Wipe Dalvik" "Wipe Cache" and even the (in)famous "Wipe Factory Reset Data" to no avail.

Also, I get this:

"Rott access possibly lost. Fix?"
No / Yes - Fix Root (/system/xbin/su)

and if I choose yes, nothing really changes on the next boot

If I try to install an old version of CM which I found in /CMUPDATER I get:

h t t p : //s15.postimg.org/h5ftl8px7/asd.jpg
(sorry for the the spacing but it wouldn't let me post a screenshot)

I am totally clueless, can anyone help me at all?

Joery360
Old
Thanks Meter 434

DONATE TO ME
Install the latest CWM from here
Then flash the latest CM11 nightly from here (P511x) or here (P5100)
In memory of flight MH17
The Following User Says Thank You to Joery360 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

N7Mafia
Old
(Last edited by N7Mafia; 3rd February 2014 at 10:23 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Sorry for dissecting your answer but I'd rather ask than worsen my situation; so, granted I have no USB access at this time I should Odinflash the linked CWM, which I believe it is :
Quote:
Odin flashable: GT-P5100_TWRP_2.6.3.5.tar.md5
or maybe
Quote:
Odin-Flashable: GT-P5100_CWM_6.0.4.7-Swipe-Edition.tar.md5
(with which options?) and then I should Odinflash the latest CM11 nightly too? How can I do that?

N7Mafia
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Okay, so I managed to update my CWM with this one by flashing it with Odin 3.07
Quote:
Odin-Flashable: GT-P5100_CWM_6.0.4.7-Swipe-Edition.tar.md5
Now I am at a loss though, how should I flash the latest CM that I downloaded which is:
Quote:
cm-11-20140202-NIGHTLY-p5100

Joery360
Old
Thanks Meter 434

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by N7Mafia View Post
Okay, so I managed to update my CWM with this one by flashing it with Odin 3.07

Now I am at a loss though, how should I flash the latest CM that I downloaded which is:
  • Shut down your tablet
  • Start recovery by pressing Vol UP + Power (or Vol Down + Power idk)
  • Use the volume button to navigate to "install zip from sdcard"
  • Use power button to continue
  • Put the CM11 zip on your external sd and select it with the volume buttons and confirm with power button
In memory of flight MH17

N7Mafia
Old
(Last edited by N7Mafia; 3rd February 2014 at 11:54 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yeah but, granted I have NO USB access at this time, how can I put the CM11 zip on the tablet in order to launch it from recovery? Apparently the only way I can access te tablet from the PC is via ODIN.

putr4s
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by N7Mafia View Post
Yeah but, granted I have NO USB access at this time, how can I put the CM11 zip on the tablet in order to launch it from recovery? Apparently the only way I can access te tablet from the PC is via ODIN.
As @Joery360 said, place the zip on an EXTERNAL sd card, and try to flash from there.
The Following User Says Thank You to putr4s For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

N7Mafia
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Problem is I couldn't even access externally my SD card due to a computer problem. Anwyays I solved it, once I upgraded my CWM to the latest I was able to successfully install one of the latest CM11 I had buried on the device, shame I wiped everything and now I got to reinstall all the data.

Thank you guys for your time and help. I was hopeless but now I am safe