5,597,084 Members 45,865 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Battery life is terrible after updating to 4.4.2

Tip us?

black_eagle5000
Old
(Last edited by black_eagle5000; 3rd February 2014 at 09:48 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default Battery life is terrible after updating to 4.4.2

Hi everyone. I have a Note 3 SM-N900 which has been updated to Android Kitkat 4.4.2 (N900XXUDNA6_N900OLBDNA2) from Android 4.3 (N900XXUCMK2_N900OLBCMJ3) recently.

After update, I see my battery life is very bad. Before update, my Note 3 can last more than 1 days. Now after update, my Note 3 can last only 12 hours (not more). I use Battery Monitor Widget and see that, my batter capacity has been tripped from 3200 mAh to 2100mAh. I have tried reset to factory but nothing change. Plz help me.

willcor
Old
(Last edited by willcor; 3rd February 2014 at 10:26 AM.) Reason: extra screenshot
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by black_eagle5000 View Post
Hi everyone. I have a Note 3 SM-N900 which has been updated to Android Kitkat 4.4.2 (N900XXUDNA6_N900OLBDNA2) from Android 4.3 (N900XXUCMK2_N900OLBCMJ3) recently.

After update, I see my battery life is very bad. Before update, my Note 3 can last more than 1 days. Now after update, my Note 3 can last only 12 hours (not more). I use Battery Monitor Widget and see that, my batter capacity has been tripped from 3200 mAh to 2100mAh. I have tried reset to factory but nothing change. Plz help me.

hi ,
two points ( it might help )
first in battery monitor did you manually tried to change it to 3200 mah ( see screenshot )
and i would suggest to id whats draining your battery
install "Wakelock detector" app it does work on kitkat 4.4.2 , with help of a " adb small hack "( very easy to do ,and no root needed )
( see link and post #338 by the developer.... ahikmat , for small tutorial to get Wakelock working on kitkat )
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...179651&page=34
At least you could see what is causing wakelocks and draining battery ??
i have n9005 note 3 lte and running kitkat 4.4.2 stock
No root ,Poland vers Xeo .( for nearly2/ 3 weeks now ? )
battery is very similar to 4.3 which was very good !
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	battery mon.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	240.8 KB
ID:	2556277   Click image for larger version

Name:	wakelock detector.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	193.1 KB
ID:	2556282   Click image for larger version

Name:	battery monitor  .jpg
Views:	99
Size:	188.3 KB
ID:	2556291  

black_eagle5000
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Thanks you, I ll try Wakelock.
About Battery Monitor Widget, if I set capacity to 3200mAh, then it just ll overide the true value, show a fake capacity. Do I need to run calibration in Battery Monitor Widget (It seems kinda hard to understand, require power cycle at least 40%, sth like that), will it help?
I dont wanna root. If there is a way to go back 4.3 rom, I woulde like to do it.

willcor
Old
(Last edited by willcor; 3rd February 2014 at 10:54 AM.) Reason: correction
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by black_eagle5000 View Post
Thanks you, I ll try Wakelock.
About Battery Monitor Widget, if I set capacity to 3200mAh, then it just ll overide the true value, show a fake capacity. Do I need to run calibration in Battery Monitor Widget (It seems kinda hard to understand, require power cycle at least 40%, sth like that), will it help?
I dont wanna root. If there is a way to go back 4.3 rom, I woulde like to do it.
hi ,
first, no on my other devices i had in the past ,htc one x ,if the mah was wrong i just manualy edited/override it(.eg.type 3200), in battery monitor setting /calibration/battery capacity (mah ) and it was updated ,so try ..no root needed for this .
i also see from your screenshot ..top right corner your estimated battery drainage is 2.29 % per hour ??(plse check why ?)
a small tip/advice ..
Don't be in such a hurry to revert/go back to 4.3 if you have a problem !
You are on Xda ,so i'm sure with advice from other forum members you can solve most issues !
Personally i really ,favour kitkat 4.4.2
My reasons ......
just the improved/increase in bluetooth stability ,already made it worth while !
i found that my bluetooth plantronic headset ,was not losing connection (from time to time) anymore,
my Note3 pairs with my Polar h7 hart/rate monitor..where on 4.3 it did not even pick it up !
my Gear watch has not lost connections as it had previously on 4.3
good luck
post note
the way i see it your device true value is 3200 ?
(How battery monitor gets 2100 ??? as stated above with htc one x, it show also wrong mah, but i manual changed it ,had no problems afterward, regarding this mah isssue)

black_eagle5000
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
I see, I was too panic about the mAh thing. I have decided to remove Batterry Monitor Widget and forget about it. I ll continue to use as normal, hopefully after some cycle charging, the battery ll back to normal.

By now, I ll use it, turn on power saving, and wait for the next update. I hope the next update that ll fix the 3rd party accessories ll solve my problem too.
P/s: I still regret about taking SM-N900. If I had chance to choose again, I would take a N9005 for better performance.