[Q] Adobe Flash Player Support in KitKat

2nd February 2014, 06:53 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

59 posts
I got the update to KitKat but Flash in Firefox stopped working, as you all know.

I did install the hacked Flash Player, that which works only on Dolphin.
In fact, I hate Dolphin. But the support to flash is half-assed to say the least, 50% of the time I go to see a desktop versione of a youtube video, it has some problems: hangs, goes too fast, can't skip, It's a pain.

Is there any other better workaround available ATM? Non-rooted preferrably. At least to get flash working with other browsers.
Otherwise it might be soon that I have found a reason for rooting.

Thanks.
3rd February 2014, 11:06 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

18 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain_666

I got the update to KitKat but Flash in Firefox stopped working, as you all know.

I did install the hacked Flash Player, that which works only on Dolphin.
In fact, I hate Dolphin. But the support to flash is half-assed to say the least, 50% of the time I go to see a desktop versione of a youtube video, it has some problems: hangs, goes too fast, can't skip, It's a pain.

Is there any other better workaround available ATM? Non-rooted preferrably. At least to get flash working with other browsers.
Otherwise it might be soon that I have found a reason for rooting.

Thanks.

My country got KitKat update last night. After searching, thanks to the XDA Nexus 5 site, i am able to have flash again. Basically I just installed Firefox Beta and re-installed the same Flash player i had before. And it works. Ah yes, I am not rooted.
The Following User Says Thank You to betelgeuse.aldebaran For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd February 2014, 01:30 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

59 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by betelgeuse.aldebaran

My country got KitKat update last night. After searching, thanks to the XDA Nexus 5 site, i am able to have flash again. Basically I just installed Firefox Beta and re-installed the same Flash player i had before. And it works. Ah yes, I am not rooted.

Great!!! Just did as you suggested and work perfectly. It's Firefox Beta that made the trick. Firefox standard doesn't work.

Thanks a lot!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread