Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] PS3 controller on Thor Gapps

OP Hamsterok

30th January 2014, 11:06 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

9 posts
Hi, I would ask this question dirrectly in thor gapps thread, but this is my 1st post.

The q is, if I will install latest Thor Gapps from this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2585690 , will i be able to install ps3 controller apps from gmarket( like Sixaxis Controller ), and will ps3 controller work on my kf hdx7" ?
30th January 2014, 11:55 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 10

91 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamsterok

Hi, I would ask this question dirrectly in thor gapps thread, but this is my 1st post.

The q is, if I will install latest Thor Gapps from this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2585690 , will i be able to install ps3 controller apps from gmarket( like Sixaxis Controller ), and will ps3 controller work on my kf hdx7" ?

most android apps can work in the HDX with the Fireos, eventhough the Gapps isn't in it , You can use ESexplorer do the googleplay's job. So I guess you can use the Sixaxia Controller app.
30th January 2014, 12:17 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
I know, this is how i launched psp emulator and others. But sixaxis app is strictly binded to google play. Maybe someone has an experience whitch particular controller works with hdx?
1st February 2014, 03:36 AM   |  #4  
Flag DFW
Thanks Meter: 87

496 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamsterok

I know, this is how i launched psp emulator and others. But sixaxis app is strictly binded to google play. Maybe someone has an experience whitch particular controller works with hdx?

I've tried Sixaxis on the gapps rom... Unfortunately, I was unable to pair my PS3 Dualshock controller.

According to an Amazon post, Bluetooth gamepads are not supported on the HDX (unless they have a keyboard mode):

The problem with both of those is that even with Android 4.0.x the Fire OS still has host mode disabled on the USB port and only implements part of the HID protocol in the Bluetooth stack. Unless it looks like a Bluetooth keyboard the Fire is not going to talk to it.
3rd February 2014, 02:31 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Well, is there any controller, that will suite this requirment? Or is it hard to develop some kind of bridge between some abstrack bluetooth keyboard and real controller? I' am little experienced with .Net development, but never tried anything mobile. I' ll make little research about this.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread