Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,481 Members 54,423 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Maclaw CM 11.0 dated 31Jan only shows 800MB RAM

Tip us?

deadlock_gr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Maclaw CM 11.0 dated 31Jan only shows 800MB RAM

Hi all,

First of all, thanks a lot to the developers for their hard work to get us KitKat when Samsung doesn't.

I installed Maclaw 11.0 dated 31Jan without a problem. I noticed than when going to Settings > About phone the Memory option shows 804 MB. I never checked this value before installing CM (so I don't know if that was the case before), but the specs say that the RAM of my SIII Mini is 1GB. So I am a bit puzzled.

Is this normal, or is this a problem with the ROM?

mauam
Old
Thanks Meter 6,740

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlock_gr View Post
Hi all,

First of all, thanks a lot to the developers for their hard work to get us KitKat when Samsung doesn't.

I installed Maclaw 11.0 dated 31Jan without a problem. I noticed than when going to Settings > About phone the Memory option shows 804 MB. I never checked this value before installing CM (so I don't know if that was the case before), but the specs say that the RAM of my SIII Mini is 1GB. So I am a bit puzzled.

Is this normal, or is this a problem with the ROM?

It's the normal behavior of Android (with all devices). You never have the real amount of ram available, 200mb are for the system. Don't worry

deadlock_gr
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mauam View Post

It's the normal behavior of Android (with all devices). You never have the real amount of ram available, 200mb are for the system. Don't worry
Thank you for the quick answer.