Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,371 Members 39,026 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] DK31 Dock charging time?

Tip us?

NiM72NiK
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Default [Q] DK31 Dock charging time?

I want to buy the dock charger for my Z1 but there is no information about the exact charging time.i heard its 3000mAh @5v but because the dock only has a usb connector it means you have to connect it to the AC charger .and the AC charger is 1500mAh.
so if anyone can tell me the exact charging time on magnetic dock i would be so glad!

Avantiel
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiM72NiK View Post
I want to buy the dock charger for my Z1 but there is no information about the exact charging time.i heard its 3000mAh @5v but because the dock only has a usb connector it means you have to connect it to the AC charger .and the AC charger is 1500mAh.
so if anyone can tell me the exact charging time on magnetic dock i would be so glad!
The dock has to plug into a wall plug for it to be used effectively. The wall plug determines how much mAh the phone will be charging at. 3000 i think is over the limit the phone can safely charge at...

I use a 2000mAh charger with my Z1 and the dock is connected to the stock sony 1500mAh wall plug and ive noticed its only slightly slower.

NiM72NiK
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avantiel View Post
The dock has to plug into a wall plug for it to be used effectively. The wall plug determines how much mAh the phone will be charging at. 3000 i think is over the limit the phone can safely charge at...

I use a 2000mAh charger with my Z1 and the dock is connected to the stock sony 1500mAh wall plug and ive noticed its only slightly slower.
so you mean that it can charge by 3000mAh when its connected to the wall plug directly.is there any way to connect it to the wall plug directly? i mean is there any kind of USB to ac kit that doesnt limit the current ? because if we connect it to a charger(like the z1 1500mAh) it will be limited to charge the device at 1500mAh.so is there a direct kit or a 3000mAh charger should be used to charge it