Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,519 Members 38,381 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Case orientation re: charge while using

Tip us?

arcadiua
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Case orientation re: charge while using

This is a major pain for me at work. I use this tablet constantly for note taking, sharing network maps, etc. The battery drains a lot during the day so I like to charge and use quite frequently. Sadly, no case that I have seen or used has the kickstand oriented so that the charging port is on top. This makes leaving it in the default kickstand orientation very clumsy for charging the tablet.

Right now I have the Moko slimline case and I love it, except for the above mentioned issue. From what I could tell watching a video review of the Book Cover case, the same issue applies. Has anyone seen or used a case that orients the charging port on the top when in kickstand mode?

Thanks

Enzymaticracer
Old
(Last edited by Enzymaticracer; 27th January 2014 at 09:01 PM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Im using the poetic slimline case, and although it wont do it normally, I just flipped the tablet around in the case and stood it up. This way the charging port is on top.

No issues other than you can't access the stylus, so if you need that just take it out first. Also, obviously cant use the rear facing camera.

Hope that helps.

Sent From my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Ed.

arcadiua
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzymaticracer View Post
Im using the poetic slimline case, and although it wont do it normally, I just flipped the tablet around in the case and stood it up. This way the charging port is on top.

No issues other than you can't access the stylus, so if you need that just take it out first. Also, obviously cant use the rear facing camera.

Hope that helps.

Sent From my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Ed.

Yeah, I tried that with my moko slim case, but when I flip the tablet around the settings button is covered by the case and rendered useless sadly. Otherwise it would have been a great solution as the other buttons that were covered are easy enough to operate through the material of the cover, just not the back or settings button.

kkretch
Old
Thanks Meter 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcadiua View Post
This is a major pain for me at work. I use this tablet constantly for note taking, sharing network maps, etc. The battery drains a lot during the day so I like to charge and use quite frequently. Sadly, no case that I have seen or used has the kickstand oriented so that the charging port is on top. This makes leaving it in the default kickstand orientation very clumsy for charging the tablet.

Right now I have the Moko slimline case and I love it, except for the above mentioned issue. From what I could tell watching a video review of the Book Cover case, the same issue applies. Has anyone seen or used a case that orients the charging port on the top when in kickstand mode?

Thanks
What about a 360 Rotating Case Cover $10.53 and in 11 colors.

If I was helpful please press the thanks button

My Devices
32GB Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition SM-P600ZKVXAR
16GB Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 GT-N8013ZWYXAR
16GB Blackberry Playbook
64GB Blackberry Playbook - retired
8GB 1st Gen Kindle Fire - TWRP/AOKP Jellybean - retired
User Built PC - i5/2500K @ 4500khz - Windows 7 ultimate

pozer69
Old
Thanks Meter 7
What would be awesome is a 90 degree rapid charge cable

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

gnik luap
Old
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by pozer69 View Post
What would be awesome is a 90 degree rapid charge cable

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
I miss the magnetic pogo plug we had for the Nexus 10.

Sent from my SM-N900T using xda app-developers app

lecorbusier
Old
(Last edited by lecorbusier; 3rd February 2014 at 12:50 AM.)
Thanks Meter 14
Tucano Youngster 10.1.
It's a universal case holding the tablet with rubber bands at the edges, which doesn't look much nice, but such is life.
The occasional app might need an app like"Rotation", which supports enforced autorotation. Then you still have the nav buttons on top, but you knew that. Fitting the tablet the wrong way allows to hold the case one-handed easily, stick the thumb thru the sling at the zipper and grab the right side of the case. This however works better with the 7" version of the case, which i also use.

Duly.noted
Old
Thanks Meter 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcadiua View Post

Thanks
You could order a Griffin Tablet stand that is what I use. You could get the real smart cover and turn it around in the case

Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app