Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,823 Members 52,543 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] n7105 (5! not 0!) how to root and flash and not trip KNOX!?!?

Tip us?

robertharvey_90
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] n7105 (5! not 0!) how to root and flash and not trip KNOX!?!?

N7105
n7105
n7105

Simple.

Lots of info out there for n7100 but, how do you root and flash a custom rom and kurnal without triggering the KNOX eFuse on n7105?!?!

Also, does it even matter if I break KNOX? I get that it voids ur warranty (don't care, have none), but does it actually change anything in the software environment?

Thanks in advance

tattsr
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertharvey_90 View Post
N7105
n7105
n7105

Simple.

Lots of info out there for n7100 but, how do you root and flash a custom rom and kurnal without triggering the KNOX eFuse on n7105?!?!

Also, does it even matter if I break KNOX? I get that it voids ur warranty (don't care, have none), but does it actually change anything in the software environment?

Thanks in advance
- find your favourite kernel and ROM
- download onto sd card
- follow instructions provided in thread.

what this really comes down to is, flash a new recovery from the default recovery, i recommend philz cwm, reboot into your new recovery, wipe caches for new ROM, install zips, reboot, done!
The Following User Says Thank You to tattsr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lycan_codex
Old
Thanks Meter 36
If you dont care that your warranty might be lost, feel free to follow any method mentioned in the N7105 section. You need to get a custom recovery first, I recommend Philz touch. Once you have custom recovery, sky is the limit for you!
Samsung Galaxy S, Samsung Nexus S, Samsung Galaxy Note II, Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Samsung Galaxy S4, Lumia 1520, Sony Xperia Z2, Oppo Find 7a
The Following User Says Thank You to lycan_codex For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

robertharvey_90
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Thanks but

Thanks, but just to be clear, is there a way to do it? Install custom recovery, root, rom, etc. Without tripping knox.

Tried using some methods that are said to work. But n7105 is not supported. Only n7100... There has to be a way

Thanks

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app

Bert.C
Old
Thanks Meter 220

DONATE TO ME
Just FYI, questions should go in the Q and A section mate.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk