Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,915 Members 43,596 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] TWRP recovery gone after flashing RUU. Help!

Tip us?

ukads
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] TWRP recovery gone after flashing RUU. Help!

So the other day I successfully unlocked the bootloader, installed TWRP and SuperSU, installed a google play app too confirm HTC one was rooted and it was, Turned Security from on to S-OFF then finally flashed a stock Google Play Edition RUU to my device. Everything worked fine however, when I selected recovery from the boot menu, TWRP is now not loaded, I get a little android appear in the centre of the screen, that eventually falls over with a red cross in the centre.... I have checked to find that my device is now not rooted. So it seems the new RUU messed up the custom recovery?

Any ideas what I should do to get the root back? If i re-install TWRP and Supersu will it wipe data from the new RUU I installed?

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

alray
Old
Thanks Meter 937

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukads View Post
So the other day I successfully unlocked the bootloader, installed TWRP and SuperSU, installed a google play app too confirm HTC one was rooted and it was, Turned Security from on to S-OFF then finally flashed a stock Google Play Edition RUU to my device. Everything worked fine however, when I selected recovery from the boot menu, TWRP is now not loaded, I get a little android appear in the centre of the screen, that eventually falls over with a red cross in the centre.... I have checked to find that my device is now not rooted. So it seems the new RUU messed up the custom recovery?

Any ideas what I should do to get the root back? If i re-install TWRP and Supersu will it wipe data from the new RUU I installed?

It did not messed recovery, ruu flashed stock recovery back. If you want twrp again then reflash it

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 06:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukads View Post

And flashing recovery will not wipe data. This happen only ehen you unlock bootloader

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app
If I've helped you, please hit the ''tanks'' button
If you want a reply, quote or mention me using @alray

Useful links for the HTC One:
nkk71's SuperGUIDE to returning 100% back to stock
Flashing requirements chart by nkk71
HTC1Guru.com by crushalot